• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft Length

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Forgive my ignorance on this, but I don't think I have ever seen it covered and I DID search. I am ordering a AA SYE and TW DS. You have to give a driveshaft length to order the kit obviously. Well since I am ordering them together I can't very well go out and take a measurement as the sye hasn't shipped yet............... :laugh3:

So is there a way to figure out what length I need based on that it's for a XJ with a np231 and 8.25 with 5" - 6" of lift??????

Last edited:
ok and im not going to give out bad information. the best way is to measure it once all the junk is together.
you can get an estimate of the length by measuring from where approximately where the new yoke will be and the yoke w/ the pinion rotated. like i said only an estimate. and if you want to chance a $200 d/s go for it

I wasn't asking you to give out bad info. But the SYE and DS are coming together so I would like to know how you want me to pull that one off. Every XJ with a np231 and 8.25 should have the same stock measurement. So I figured there would be a way to add the number of inches you will gain from the sye as well as the amount of lift............... :lecture:

I am obviously not the first person to order this combo, so how did you guys figure out your length??

If you're getting the SYE from Tom, I'd think you could measure the current setup (yoke to output shaft or what ever Tom's recommended method is) and Tom should know how much the SYE changes the length compared to stock slip yoke.

They will tell you exactly how to measure..........ask them, not us. MANY, MANY of us have done what you are about to do and got our driveline at the same time, and we followed their directions. I wouldn't take anyone's advice here and risk getting the wrong length shaft, if you follow their directions they will be responsible.

I measured as Tom told me. But I had the added variable of swappin in my 9" at the same time...ended up with a driveshaft that was too short. Tom was great and didn't charge for the lengthening and balance. Spent a week with front wheel drive.

Back