• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way through the firewall?

atticus032

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best way to get through the firewall so I can wire my light switch? Are there any holes that are easy to get to or is drilling my best bet?

You can also go through the gromet near the gas petal cable. Its easy to get to and higher up on the firewall and away from water.

AARON

Depends on the year, on my 98 I ran my fog light wire thru the same grommet that the main harness comes in thru, down by your left foot. Used a small pick to make a hole just a tad smaller than the wire itelf and in a clear spot in that plug. Wiggled the pick to make the hole just a bit bigger, then quickly pushed the wire thru and pulled. The rubber of the material then shrunk back down and created a tight seal around it. Been there for 5 years now with no issues and it's been in water up past that point a few times with no leakage...

Back