• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extended brake lines

xjjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ that came with a 35c rear end, I put a R.E. 4 & 1/2 in. lift on it. I have recently put a dana 44 rear end on. My problem is this, the braided rear brake line is set up to screw into the 35c and is to big to thread into the dana 44, of whitch is from a 87 laredo. When I contacted rubicon, they said they do not make the rear brake line that will thread into my dana 44.I guess I could add that my thread screw for my dana 44 is about one third the diameter of the thread screw for the 35c. Can anyone tell me who would be the best place to pick up the proper fitting rear brake line. :dunno:

I'm using a set of lines from a '95 YJ, fronts and rear. They fit great, and I'm running a 44 rear.

Hmmm.....that's odd. I have the RE1515 Brakeline, and a XJ D44 and it fits fine.
re_1515.jpg

That's the brakeline on hte left, and the vent tube on the right. It used to be installed on the Jeep when I had a C8.25" rear, at which time everything was held together by a single bolt with the brakelines and breather all in one place.
rr_brake.jpg

xjjeepman - I have the same problem with the 44. Did you get the YJ lines and did they work? My buddies YJ has the same junction block so was it a certain year that fit?
93JXJ

bigwhitey said:
X2

You want the hose to connect to the top of the block right?

I don't mind having it vent of the original vent spot - it's just that the RE block from that I had on my 35 is about 3/8th and the mounting on the 44 is about 1/4" (rough guesses). I don't really want to drill and tap, but I'm not sure what other options I have ??

So I'm a little OCD. Been thinking about this. What if I run like a bushing in the middle of the too large block, put a big washer on it and tighten it down? Does anyone see any problems?

That should work fine. You may be able to use just a washer really. There's no real stress put on it. Mine was ziptied next to the breather hose until I put it all together properly.

Back