• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready to install lift...some quick ??

99xj4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I just got the Rubicon Express 2 inch lift for my birthday and I'm going home from school this weekend to put it on. This is the one with the 2 inch tapered blocks in the back. I've done a lot of searching on the forums, and I haven't been able to find if anyone has the 2 inch tapered blacks. My questions are: Do you have any driveshaft vibes? Have your leaves sagged? Should I get an alignment after the install? Any other pointers for the install? Thanks a bunch guys.

There's a reason you haven't from anyone with blocks. Blocks are typically not the best way to get lift, your springs will sag over time, and the ride quality is affected with them. You won't need an alignment, you shouldn't get vibes either (you may but they would be minimal) You may want to rent a spring compressor from Autozone or alike just to make your day easier.

Good luck with the install.

Todd

Yes, you will need an alignment, and I wouldn't recommend the use of a coil spring compressor, you will have more than enough room to work if you put the body up on jack stands and let the axle drop out. No need to introduce any more danger.

NCSUcherokee said:
Yes, you will need an alignment, and I wouldn't recommend the use of a coil spring compressor, you will have more than enough room to work if you put the body up on jack stands and let the axle drop out. No need to introduce any more danger.

why would he need an alignment with a 2" lift? I've installed 4 BB's on 97+'s and none needed to be aligned, even had to checked, and they were well within spec.

NHxj4x4 said:
why would he need an alignment with a 2" lift? I've installed 4 BB's on 97+'s and none needed to be aligned, even had to checked, and they were well within spec.
If they didn't need to be aligned, how do you know they were within spec? It's a good idea to realign it after moving the front end and control arms around, just do it after the install. You are correct about the blocks being problematic though.

I would definately get the alignment checked. Raising the front end 2" most likely will cause the need for adjustment. You don't want to wai until your tires are unevenly worn to find this out.

Remove the shocks before installing the coil spacers. This will allow the front end to droop further so you won't need spring compressors. Then install the new shocks after the spacers are done ;)

NHxj4x4 said:
You won't need an alignment, you shouldn't get vibes either (you may but they would be minimal)
MORE SPOBI! :gag:
ALWAYS get the alignment checked after lifting any rig. It saves on tire wear and could help the handling.

Back