• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough idle after parking flexed??

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Ive noticed this multiple times throughout the past couple of months and i figured it might clear up on its own. Anyways whenever i'm wheeling or even posing in my backyard for that matter, if i park in a flexed position, even maybe not even flexed but parked on some kind of an angle...when i restart the jeep, it has an eratic idle...it drops about 2 or 300 rpms to right around 400 and then hesitites right in between 300 and 500 until i gun the engine almost as if i have to clear it out, then it goes away after a few minutes of reving. Any ideas? I changed my plugs w/ champion truck plugs thinking that may be the problem but it didnt solve anything. Thanks for any thoughts

I dunno If this is related but I had a severe Demon in my engine and it showed no codes????hmm running rough when warm and just dying with no restart
Looked everywhere for a solution...found an old thread about it with no solution.

WHile trying to diagnose it i found that leaning on a particular wire harness made it die...There was a break in the ground on a factory splice for the injectors....
It ran all funny when I flexed and hit bumps and stuff..

i am going to say the timing is off, or you have low compression in one of you cyls. 4.Ol?

How good is your XJ is . is it good? its a solid JEEP then just get a new engine and run some nice stuff.

Jeep.

Does it smoke when it starts rough? Does it vary with the direction of the angle? One possible guess is that you have a leaky valve guide, and when you park at a steep angle, oil pools in the head and dribbles down that guide, causing it to foul one cylinder. Another possible cause of rough start that goes away might be an injector that doesn't close properly and dribbles when shut off, though that wouldn't ordinarily be dependent on the angle you park at.

I think it is #3 injector getting hot on soak and misses for while until it cools after start-up. My 2000 does this.

Back