• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I remove the fender?

I

IntrepidXJ

Title explains it all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There is a few torx head bolts you can get to by opening up the front door, ya gotta stick an extension through the door jam to get at them, then there is 4 or 5 more bolts in the engine compartment along the top of the fender, then ya gotta pull the front header panel and lights and such because there is 3 more bolts behind there holding the fender on, then of coarse ya have to either unbolt the fender liner front the fender, or just pull the hold thing out with it by taking out the lil plastic studs in the wheel well.

Later,

Eric

Kejtar said:
what year of an XJ? and for what reasons? The answer to those questions can yield different solutions.

Kejtar

92, to replace it

in that case as eric said the bolts.. I think that you wil also find coulpe little tab like thingamagies that hold the fender to couple other sheetmetal pieces.... so after you remove the bolts if it doesn't wanna go... examine everything before yanking on it

Kejtar

Fastest

I don't know Beezil, a stout chain and a two ton truck work pretty fast too!:D :D :D

oh yeah, sorry i forgot about those two bolts down by the rocker panel. they actually stripped out on mine so i just cut that lil bottom part of the fender off around the bolts instead of drilling out/cutting off the bolts.

later,

eric

Beezil & HossHoffer, i think he may want put another one back on for a stock look. but now is the best time to modify.

OK, I found the 2 on the bottom, the 2 inside the door jam, and the 4 under the hood.

To get to the front bolts, can I just remove the turn signal.....or do I have to remove more than that?

Thanks for your help!

Randy

Nevermind, I found the 2 bolts on the front. Unfortunately, 3 of the screws that hold the headlight bezel on are rusted to hell, and disintegrated when I tried to remove them.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Back