• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header Panel

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
We just bought a header panel for my sons XJ. There are 4 main bolts that hold it to the fenders. One of the bottom tabs where the bolts bolt it to the fender is broke off. How important is it to have all 4 bolted up ? There are other things securing it , but will it line up OK ? I got it from a Salvage Yard in Buffalo and I'm in Boise so I really don't want to go thru that whole mess again. If need be I'll rig up a strap of some sort to secure it. If It really needs secured on all 4 tabs.

If it's a beater, 3 of the four should be okay. If you want it to look right, you should have all four. You might be able to set a stud in place and epoxy it to replace the missing bolt. I had to do that when I bought a nose clip for a Chrysler sedan a few years ago.

The bolts are on the fenders. The thing that snapped off when they took it off is the u spaded tab where the nut hold it to the fender. On the header side. It is fiberglass. The bolt that sticks out the back of the header panel is there. I'm going to go try and get a metal strap to put in place of it and bolt it to the glass up above where it snapped off, then run it down to where the tab was and bend and drill it out so the fender bolt will pop thru it. That should do it. It doesn't support much weight and it 'll only break if he hits something AGAIN.

Last edited:
Back