• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine just stopped

Craig Wood

NAXJA Member #275
Yesterday I was driving along and the jeep just stopped. The check engine light came on and I tried to restart the engine, but no joy. Prior to this problem it started right up and didn't seem to have any problems. The mechanic says that the engine isn't getting any spark. Has anyone hear of or experienced this type of problem?

Thanks,
Craig

Does it just crank and crank and crank? If so, sounds like the CPS sensor to me. For a temp fix, try unpluggung it, then plugging it back in.

Thanks for the help! Yes, it just cranks and cranks with no firing. I thought it might be CPS, but I thought I would post it to see if any are other issues might cause this problem. It was a real pain to have to call AAA.

Craig

The CPS would certainly be my prime suspect but I think it would also be a good idea to check the ground connections between the head and firewall, block and battery, and battery to chassis. A loose or corroded connection could cause the engine to stall without warning so you could at least rule out that possibility.

Back