• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust leak.

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was under the jeep today trying to fight somesuspension problems and i noticed where i had to small exhaust leaks, one where the chamber meats the cat and another in the front seam of the chamber, i know they are supposed to have a weephole for condinsation in them but i was wondering if it is a fairly common thing for the exhaust to go bad on a 2000 w/ 55 on the clock. thanks steve

Here in Colorado we never had exhaust system problems until they started using magchloride on the roads. It can eat an exhaust system in a couple of years.

I'm running a magnaflow. Kind of pricey but it works.

old_man said:
Here in Colorado we never had exhaust system problems until they started using magchloride on the roads. It can eat an exhaust system in a couple of years.

Man you've got to love that stuff...they used it here in UT during the Olympics and it thrashed my undercarriage in one winter.

I ended up replacing my system with Gibson components...Haven't had a problem since...Again, not the cheapest, but my opinion is that you get what you pay for in exhaust components so it was worth the cost...

Matt

Back