• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

?

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
why can't i post attachments?

Why can't I attach images in my forum posts?
Couple reasons:

#1 it bloats the forum database, making nightly backups very intensive

#2 The forums are intended to be forums, not photo storeage. There are services, both free and paid that handle that.

People where posting attachements in all of the forums, and it was a nightmare. You are allowed to post images only in the Jeep Picture showcase.... and even then, don't even think about "hotlinking" them from there. ;) Besides, we prune that forum at 30 days to keep the database size manageable.

Now, you can utilize your ISP space, or a photohosting service etc... and still have your pictures in a post simply by using the IMG button, and inserting the URL of your image.

i just want to post some pixs

ok, first, let me clarify the two terms so we are on the same sheet of music. :)

"Attach" is a forum feature that actually uploads the picture from your computer directly to the NAXJA forums. That feature is what we limit. It is limited to the Picture Showcase to remain manageable.

"Include an image" in your post is a seperat issue, and that is what you are wanting to do, if I follow correctly. That is easy enough.

When you compose a message, look between the "Post Subject" and "Your Reply".... right under the B I U is a set of buttons. Look for the one that has: IMG on it. Click that, and enter the URL of the picture.

Note: It must be on the internet, and not require a password or login. Some photo storeage places do not allow hotlinking, so you will have to see if it works with your provider.

Cheers.

ok but i can't attach in the pix showcase. the pixs are on my computer. please help me i am a :dunce: and :looser:

Back