• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Going to Death Valley?

wolfheartak

NAXJA Member #715
Hey guys, we got back from our prerun Sunday, and there's a few hiccups, but nothing major. The North pass into the Saline Valley is closed by snow, so we'll just go through Hanging Rock Canyon instead, no biggie. And the West Side Road is closed right now, because the Armagosa is flowing, but if it's open when we go, We'll take it, if not, we'll take the main road.

The rain has brought the flowers out, so for the wild flowers are supposed to be the best in 8 years. And the full bloom right about the time we'll be headed through. There are a lot already, but there'll be tons more in Feb!

Anyway, It'll be a great time! Just wanted to know who was planning on going so we know who to expect. Let me know!

-Marisha

Last edited:
Aaaaggghhhh... And me without an XJ! This is a trip I specifically wanted to do at this time of year, too. Oh well, maybe next year.

ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME, and Sonia, too. I finally got the Jeep back on the road again tonight, it's been on the driveway w/o tires since the fender trimming party. Got a few more things to iron out and we'll be ready to go.

Here's what to see.

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

And if that wasn't enough here's MORE!

What's the date again? I would love to go. What are your requirements for this run? Is it more scenic than off-roading? Reason I am asking is I want to know if this is a run that full size trucks can go on? SOmthing like a Chevy Tahoe?

Thanks,

Robert

It's the 4-5-6 of February. If your Tahoe has 4wd it'll be good to go. It's really a scenic run. The only "wheeling" spots are the Lippencott Mine road (a little steep w/ some washouts and loose rocks) and a couple spots on Dadekera Canyon, but we had stock XJ's and KJ's get through there no problem.

The requirements are the regular NAXJA requirements. ***AND*** 5 extra gallons of gas (I recommend 10, but am only requiring 5) and a full size spare w/ a lug wrench <-- That's a regular requirement, but not one that can be "overlooked", it's a must have for this one.

The rest of the details are in the sticky thread up at the top of the page.

Hope you can make it!

-Marisha

rpraterxj said:
What's the date again? I would love to go. What are your requirements for this run? Is it more scenic than off-roading? Reason I am asking is I want to know if this is a run that full size trucks can go on? SOmthing like a Chevy Tahoe?

Thanks,

Robert

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39683

Hey were'd you get a picture of my cousin jacrabbit!! He looks like he always does not very happy to see people on his land. Oh well I was going now I'm not because an employee is having carpal tunnell surgery and I have to work!!! :mad:

We'd like to head out with you guys on Friday but we won't be heading over to Saline valley for Saturday and Sunday. We've been hearing all kinds of information about how lush everything is this year so we want to get out there. But we've got a new little one who has never been camping before so we're going to try and keep it a little shorter and closer to civilization in case thing don't work so good.

Enjoy,

Matt

If you really want to come out for just Friday, you could meet us in Baker and head up until we turn off to go towards Stovepipe Wells and the Warm Springs. You could then head out towards Beatty, and back down to Vegas. Sound good? :)

-Marisha

wolfheartak said:
If you really want to come out for just Friday, you could meet us in Baker and head up until we turn off to go towards Stovepipe Wells and the Warm Springs. You could then head out towards Beatty, and back down to Vegas. Sound good? :)

-Marisha

Yeah, we'll do something like that. We may just stop at furnace creek and then head back south and visit China Ranch on the way home. It might be worth taking a hike down Armagosa canyon if there is a lot water. Or we might try camping somewhere closer to home. We'll definitly meet up with you in Baker for the morning at least.

I want to go, but I only have Saturday available and that would make for one long day!

Sorry.

Robert

wolfheartak said:
Awesome, see you there!

-Marisha

I wont be able to make it out this time. Next time I hope to be in a better shape for such a long run. Looks like you guys will have all sorts of fun. LOTS of pictures please.

-Scott

Lion said:
:wave: Come Sintax leave :paperwork behind And come out and get some :sunshine: .You :lecture: Can take your no stuff xj on this joy ride :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

Acutally i dont officially own the 99 XJ anymore, I ended up pretty much giving it to my mother when I bought a new car. I'll need to change my sig ;)

Really though...I'd love to make it out and I will next time. I need to get my jeep done so I can run Duesy this summer.

-Scott

Back