• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid front d/s ??'s

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I think the vibes i have left are coming from the front, did a search and figured this would be the easiest way to prove my theory. Only one problem....HOW do i remove the front d/s?? I've done a lot of work on my cars/jeep but never w/ driveline....any write ups on this or anything?? Thanks for any info.

at the transfercase end:
remove the four bolts between the front drive shaft flange (connected to the cv) and the output shaft flange on the transfer case.

at the axle end:
remove the four bolts that hold the u-joint onto the yoke (straps) of the differencial.

Note, make sure when you remove the u-joint straps that you do not loose the end of the u-joint and loose the bearings, you need to hold it till it is all the way out and then tape the ends on so they do not come off.

Michael

sounds pretty straight foward, i'll give it a shot toward the end of the week when i have a day off, thanks for the reply.

JeepXJ93 said:
You mean mark which bolt goes to what hole, that type of mark??

Mark which end of the ujoint goes into which side of the yoke on the diff and the tcase...

While you have the shaft out already you might want to look at the overall condition of your ujoints and replace them if they're starting to wear.

Matt

Back