PDA

View Full Version : Feb 19th, Snow Run

2xtreme
January 24th, 2005, 14:48
Group,
I am praying that by Feb 19th we have enough snow to have a decent snow run at Jack's Pass (or other location if we have enought interst in moving the location).

The intent would be a Family Oriented snow run (bring sleds). Meeting at the Dutch Cup at 9:00am (tentatively) and getting back down to the Monroe area by 6:00pm ish. Stock or Modified rigs welcome.

Recommend:
Chains, plenty of food, plenty of warm clothes, and tow points front and back.

Michael

Sniggs
January 24th, 2005, 14:57
I'm in!! Not sure about Andy, yet...but I'm there!! :) I want to drag my oldest son along this time too to ride in my right seat. I know Jason was getting "Itchy Butt Syndrome" riding over there (not driving). Maybe I can spark some interest in another kid!!

Andy's brother may want to come along with his Quad. He hasn't decided (yet).

Mark

XJCasper
January 24th, 2005, 15:13
LOL. I will be there if I can get the day off. Mark, I will PM you shortly about lifts.

Danielle wants to shop for some 4-wheelers. She has wanted one as long as I have known her. But we need to pay some bills off first. She might get her new toys next year.

Jason

paul_xj04
January 24th, 2005, 16:32
Im in, ill be in a green TJ, arb D30, welded D44 rear, 36's so i wont need no sticnking chains. but where the hell is Dutch Cup, why not meet at Mc donalds in Monroe. common place everyone knows

2xtreme
January 24th, 2005, 17:16
The Dutch Cup is in Sultan (just on the north side of Hwy 2).

People can get gas in Monroe before getting there, it has a very large parking lot and seeting inside for meeting groups of people, it is easy to find, hard to miss (large blue and white windmill), and easy to get on and off of Hwy 2 for groups of vehicles.

great to have you with us.

Michael

XJourney
January 24th, 2005, 18:35
I will be there also, not sure on my shotgun rider. I will be there by 9:00 am this time I promise especially if it is a snow run.

paul_xj04
January 25th, 2005, 10:15
AHHHHHH dutch cup i know where that windmill is, but ill be at Mac Doanlds eating first. what if there is no snow, make it a Reiter run

2xtreme
January 25th, 2005, 14:58
AHHHHHH dutch cup i know where that windmill is, but ill be at Mac Doanlds eating first. what if there is no snow, make it a Reiter run

You can eat where ever you want:)
Yes, I would guess if there is no snow we will head to Reiter Pit.

Michael

XJCasper
January 25th, 2005, 20:14
Maybe I should get the 31's on order. How much rubbing would I get with the 31" retread MT on my factory wheels?

XJourney
January 25th, 2005, 22:44
I doubt you will have much rubbing with a RE 3.5 inch lift which gives you about 4-4.5 inches of lift. I rub my coil towers and rock rails with a metric 32 inch swamper on a actual 3 inch lift. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus there is only one way to find out. Wheel it and see if Andy will bring his portable saws-all. :repair: :yelclap:

Sniggs
January 25th, 2005, 23:15
I doubt you will have much rubbing with a RE 3.5 inch lift which gives you about 4-4.5 inches of lift. I rub my coil towers and rock rails with a metric 32 inch swamper on a actual 3 inch lift. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus there is only one way to find out. Wheel it and see if Andy will bring his portable saws-all. :repair: :yelclap:

AH! hahahahahah! Good one! I gotta get him to sign up here...! :D

2xtreme
January 26th, 2005, 18:17
Maybe I should get the 31's on order. How much rubbing would I get with the 31" retread MT on my factory wheels?

Jason,
I would put a few miles on those 30's you got (they are close to new aren't they). You might decide to go higher or stuff larger tires or may decide you want a different tire by the time you need them. I put that money into more protection, skids, etc, etc. The difference between the 30 and 31 is not going to be significant.

Just my .02
Michael

XJCasper
January 26th, 2005, 18:39
Sounds good.

Thanks

hards91xj
January 27th, 2005, 06:47
The 19th !! O NO thats a 3 day weekend for some and I think the wife wants to get out of town ,Opps guess I`ll be missing another one.

2xtreme
January 27th, 2005, 08:57
The 19th !! O NO thats a 3 day weekend for some and I think the wife wants to get out of town ,Opps guess I`ll be missing another one.

Easy solution, go to Levenworth, Wenatche or Chellan for the weekend, take the motorhome and do some wheeling with us on the way :)

We will miss you again.

Michael

XJCasper
January 28th, 2005, 02:45
:rattle:

Edited comments. I was being mean and thought that others might not take it the way I did.

paul_xj04
January 28th, 2005, 09:39
actually i might just bring the cherokee and go to reiter, i dout there will be snow. do you guys wanna run sac up or BYS

xjoe
January 31st, 2005, 09:42
Hey gents just checking In I would like to go on this snow run(or reiter if no snow?)either way. Also what is the min equip needed.I have a little exp wheeling. thanks and look forward to meeting you.Joe

XJourney
January 31st, 2005, 11:03
This is generally what we need you to have:
Mandatory equipment:
Recovery points front and rear
Recovery strap (no hooks)
Fire Extingisher
First aid kit
Good tires Plus a spare
Warm cloths
Food (lunch)
Good Attitude

Suggested Equipment:
Shovel
CB
Spare Parts
Tire Chains
Hi Lift Jack
Extra food
Sled

And experience isn't required we would love to have you along

Sniggs
January 31st, 2005, 23:45
...my humble opinion.

I encourage everyone to try to get a CB in their rig. It really helps to warn others as conditions change and allows the folks in the back of the pack (me usually) the ability to know what going on ahead. As we get more drivers this will become a huge necessity (to keep us from running into each other! :D

Besides, it may be needed in an emergency!!

I'm looking on ebay for a cheapie for Andy just to be used on these trips.

XJCasper
February 1st, 2005, 00:13
Well, ebay is a great place to start Mark. I am looking for one of the Handheld types like Michael has. But, I have one in the garage. If I can find it shortly, it will make it into my Jeep.

paul_xj04
February 1st, 2005, 08:46
by the sounds of it i think this is a reiter run. I dout there will be snow fellas.

anyways what will everyone be in, specs of heep.
ill be in a blue 2 dr. 44/9" axles, 5:13's, locked up, caged, on 36's. just wonderin what trails you guys enjoy, ill run acouple with you guys but i want to try the rock face and try BYS.

this is my rig:
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/6500/pic202360kb.jpg

smallxj
February 2nd, 2005, 11:29
Paul your shit probley wont even be done but i am planning on retier that day anway so if for some reason ur shit is actually done give me a call

2xtreme
February 2nd, 2005, 22:12
Part of the reason for the snow run is the ability to have large diversity in rigs on this trip. However, it looks more and more like we will be running reiter pit again (unless something with the weather changes significantly).

It also sounds like we should have a reasonably good turn out of rigs (I think we are currently at about 10.

We have a verity of trucks from near stock, up to 6" and 33's (and of course those of you with 36's) we might want to break up into a couple of groups if the number of trucks stays similar or more and with the diversity of trucks.

I am not familiar with your nicknames for the trails at Reiter. I am familiar with TA1, TA2, The Wall, Shaw Lake, and several others without names that I know.

My recommendation would be that we should meet up either at the Dutch Cup or at the parking lot at the base of the pit and decide based on who is there and where people want to go depending on weather and rigs present.

Michael

XJCasper
February 3rd, 2005, 01:37
If I can get that day off. Sounds good.

paul_xj04
February 3rd, 2005, 08:22
Paul your shit probley wont even be done but i am planning on retier that day anway so if for some reason ur shit is actually done give me a call
mike, i have 3 weeks and all i need is Ken to setup my front gears and go out and buy ball joints and all new wheel bearings, and brake lines and slam it together. hey by the way do you still have that bad driveline from awhile back, i need the yoke part.

So what guys have 35+ tires, locked up and what not and who is 34 and lower. 10 people is quite a freeway to be goin down trails. im down to **** up my heep. Mike wanna run BYS.

crookedletterd
February 3rd, 2005, 09:59
I see a couple people are runnin 30's. Need tire chains just to be safe? Les Schwab ones, paid 82.00 new and only used once.

$25.00

i had to try...

smallxj
February 3rd, 2005, 11:26
paul, no i dont wanna run bys i would be pulling your broke ass out your two wide anyway. but we willl see if your shit is done you have been saying its gonna be done for thee past 3 months so we will see if your shit is done.

2xtreme
February 3rd, 2005, 12:12
mike, i have 3 weeks and all i need is Ken to setup my front gears and go out and buy ball joints and all new wheel bearings, and brake lines and slam it together. hey by the way do you still have that bad driveline from awhile back, i need the yoke part.

So what guys have 35+ tires, locked up and what not and who is 34 and lower. 10 people is quite a freeway to be goin down trails. im down to **** up my heep. Mike wanna run BYS.

of the people who I know personally and who are going, we have a hand full basically stock, a nother few with 31's, another with 32's, a couple with 33's, and then there are the others of you guys who have larger.

I do not want 10 trucks on the same trail. I would like to split up at the base and run appropriate trails for each group. But it would be nice to at least let everyone meet each other and say hi before we hit the trail.

I have 33's and am currently open dif. However, I usually wheel with guys with 38's and locked front and back. I am not aware of any trial at Reiter that I can not complete, however, with the water that is up there at the moment I have no interest in burrying my jeep to the roof in mud either:)

Michael

xjoe
February 3rd, 2005, 13:46
I,m in for a run to reiter,black xj 6" 33x12.50's locked, So where do we meet @what time?Thanks.

Sniggs
February 3rd, 2005, 20:26
I,m in for a run to reiter,black xj 6" 33x12.50's locked, So where do we meet @what time?Thanks.
Joe,
Head East on US2 towards Stevens Pass. Go thru Monroe and continue to Sultan (about 6 miles). Go thru town at the very end (before you start to climb) and look for a fake windmill that's actually a Latte shop. It sits in The Dutch Cup Restaurant parking lot. We meet there between 8:45 and 9:00 am and go on up from there (convoy, good buddy! ;) ).

Andy and I will probably be in the restaurant having breakfast between 8:00 and 8:15. Just look for the Red Stock XJ and the Black Scrambler in the back of the parking lot.
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/media/778700/site1099.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/media/778700/site1100.jpg

Park next to us and I'll come out and greet you. If your Avatar is your rig, I'll know what to look for ok?

If you're running late, Hans (XJourney) usually will post his Cell phone a couple days before we go. We run CB channel 4 - but usually don't turn the radios on 'til we hit the road out of Sultan.

These trips are a blast! Glad to have you join us! :D

Mark

paul_xj04
February 4th, 2005, 08:59
paul, no i dont wanna run bys i would be pulling your broke ass out your two wide anyway. but we willl see if your shit is done you have been saying its gonna be done for thee past 3 months so we will see if your shit is done.
yea, yea, whateva fool. well if Ken can get me front end back by next weekend then im in. just need to buy ball joints, all new wheel bearings and a rear driveline and brake lines. Mikey get me a price check on bearings and the ball joints and call me up today

XJourney
February 5th, 2005, 10:12
Has anyone been watching the snow reports, Mt Baker Ski Resort just got 15" in the last 24 hrs at the base which is at 4000 feet. And it isn't suppost to warm up in the next two weeks.

I think I smell a SNOWRUN. I was going to be depressed if I only got in one snowrun in this year. :rattle:

Sniggs
February 5th, 2005, 18:31
Has anyone been watching the snow reports, Mt Baker Ski Resort just got 15" in the last 24 hrs at the base which is at 4000 feet. And it isn't suppost to warm up in the next two weeks.

I think I smell a SNOWRUN. I was going to be depressed if I only got in one snowrun in this year. :rattle:

Ok. Maybe this is a dumb question. Does it make a difference whether we do or don't make a snowrun? I read somewhere that somebody had a "different" setup for snow than Reiter's(?). What's the difference? I put my chains in my rig in November and leave them in until March.

XJourney
February 5th, 2005, 20:27
Ok. Maybe this is a dumb question. Does it make a difference whether we do or don't make a snowrun?

Yes and no. I can run Reiter 12 months a year, But can only do a snowruns for about 3 months a year, So in my humble opinion you got to get your snowrun in while you can.

And snow is a great equalizer, you can run stock rigs right next to 4.5" and 33" And no worries about breaking anything. :repair:

Sniggs
February 5th, 2005, 21:30
Maybe I asked my question wrong. On the last run, I think Michael said we needed to decide on Jack's pass OR Reiter's cause something was different about his setup(?). It seemed like an "either/or" situation and I didn't understand what difference it made?

XJCasper
February 6th, 2005, 03:04
As much as I am now dying to get my Jeep up to Reiter's, we can only do snow so often. I would vote towards messing around in snow again, over Reiter. I want to see how far I could get first with airing down, over chains.

My_Little_Pony
February 7th, 2005, 13:38
I would love to join you guys if I can. I have a pretty stock XJ....
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2133980894&idx=1

I made that grille guard from an old grille guard off of a 85 Bronco II, so I wouldn't trust it that much (considering I built it). I don't have any rear tow hooks, I have two front ones, also I don't have a CB (but, I am sure I can have one by the 19th), and last but not least, I don't have chains (I have 31x11.50 Super Swamper LTB's). So, I don't think my Jeep is worthy enough yet!! I have a buddy with the same year XJ as me, but his is really modified, so he probably could go with you guys. My other problem is, getting that day off work....I work until 2pm on Saturday, so I would need that day off to go.

XJCasper
February 7th, 2005, 16:16
I am in the same boat. I have to request the Saturday's off. Been lucky so far.

XJourney
February 7th, 2005, 23:59
My Little Pony: You're rig sounds fine except having no rear recovery points. You don't have a hitch either?
As far as the CB, quite a few of the others don't have CBs either so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.
And I don't put alot of faith in chains IMHO they are for ice, not the fresh snow you would see on a snowrun.

My_Little_Pony
February 8th, 2005, 00:06
My Little Pony: You're rig sounds fine except having no rear recovery points. You don't have a hitch either?
As far as the CB, quite a few of the others don't have CBs either so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.
And I don't put alot of faith in chains IMHO they are for ice, not the fresh snow you would see on a snowrun.

Well I have a new CB on the way and I have my CB antenna in the back the Jeep, just needs to be mounted. The CB should be here hopefully next week sometime. As for the rear recovery point....nope no trailer hitch. If you all think I can make it....I might try to get that day off to try it.

Thanks XJourney for you opinions!!

2xtreme
February 8th, 2005, 00:47
Maybe I asked my question wrong. On the last run, I think Michael said we needed to decide on Jack's pass OR Reiter's cause something was different about his setup(?). It seemed like an "either/or" situation and I didn't understand what difference it made?

Mark, It was me who said that. It had more to do with what "work" I concentrated on doing before the trip than what I brought with me. However, I do bring different things with me for each trip. I do not bring chains or sleds to reiter pit!!

XJCasper
February 8th, 2005, 01:25
:roll:

Sniggs
February 8th, 2005, 13:39
Mark, It was me who said that. It had more to do with what "work" I concentrated on doing before the trip than what I brought with me. However, I do bring different things with me for each trip. I do not bring chains or sleds to reiter pit!!A Toboggan (sp?) might be fun on that sand hill though... ;)

ECKSJAY
February 8th, 2005, 15:26
A Toboggan (sp?) might be fun on that sand hill though... ;)

Bring the videocamera for that one!

Why did the Vonage.com commercials just pop into my head? :laugh3:

Avanteone
February 8th, 2005, 21:05
Well I have a new CB on the way and I have my CB antenna in the back the Jeep, just needs to be mounted. The CB should be here hopefully next week sometime. As for the rear recovery point....nope no trailer hitch. If you all think I can make it....I might try to get that day off to try it.

Thanks XJourney for you opinions!!

I've got a couple more XJ hitches lying around my shop in Auburn. $40 with no mounting hardware. Cheap/easy recovery point.

I will see what I got going on the 19th, I may be able to head up with you guys.

John

My_Little_Pony
February 8th, 2005, 21:27
Dave,

I just pm'd you about that hitch! Thanks!

Kevin

paul_xj04
February 9th, 2005, 08:51
so is the run still goin on or what. where is everyone meeting at. ill be in a dark green TJ on 36's.

My_Little_Pony
February 9th, 2005, 15:42
DAMN....I am trying everything to get out of work on the 19th, but no luck so far....Anyone want to go this weekend...LOL!!!!

XJCasper
February 9th, 2005, 17:07
I have a funeral to go to this weekend. Working on Sunday.

paul_xj04
February 9th, 2005, 17:26
Little pony ill go, where to and a time and day.

hards91xj
February 13th, 2005, 10:16
Is this going to be Jacks Pass snow run or Rieter dirt run ?

Sniggs
February 13th, 2005, 11:36
Is this going to be Jacks Pass snow run or Rieter dirt run ?
Here's the webcam on Stevens Pass summit. It's at about 4200'. There's snow there but not much: http://www.stevenspass.com/WebCam/WebCam.htm

We could (in my opinion) go on up Jack's Pass and see if we might get some snow. If not, it won't hurt anything to go back to Reiter.

A whole bunch depends on how the weather pans out this week...We might not be able to decide until Thursday or Friday.

xjoe
February 13th, 2005, 20:20
checking in, still up for a run. It's not looking to good for a snow run, so far the weather isn't cooperating. It looks like the weather is supposed to be about the same this week as it was last week. Looks like Reiter? Well keep us posted.

jmxj98
February 13th, 2005, 20:24
Hey, guys. this is only my 3rd post. I'm pretty sure I'm in. The only thing i'm going to need is recovery points for the front. What is everyone else using for the front and how do you attatch?

I've got a totally stock jeep except for the tires. I'm on 30x9.5x15 dunlop mud rovers on stock wheels. I get a little rubbing at full crank, but I went out and checked them today and they do fine when articulating after I took off the mud flaps.

after i get the front done on Friday, I'll be ready for the day!

jeff

Sniggs
February 13th, 2005, 21:56
Hey, guys. this is only my 3rd post. I'm pretty sure I'm in. The only thing i'm going to need is recovery points for the front. What is everyone else using for the front and how do you attatch?

I've got a totally stock jeep except for the tires. I'm on 30x9.5x15 dunlop mud rovers on stock wheels. I get a little rubbing at full crank, but I went out and checked them today and they do fine when articulating after I took off the mud flaps.

after i get the front done on Friday, I'll be ready for the day!

jeffJeff,
I bought my rig in 99 with the hooks already mounted as the Up-country kit:
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/media/778700/site1102.JPG

Mine is basically a stock rig (for now) with Wild Country TXRs same size as yours and yes...mine rub a little too at full crank. If you can get a couple (at least one) recovery point(s) bolted up there you should be good to go.

GREAT 3rd post by the way! ;) Happy to have you join us, Jeff! Follow this thread this week for final details. Last minute notes will be posted all the way up to Friday evening.

(**SIDEBAR NOTE TO HANS - I received my Medic Basic (CPR) Certification last Wednesday and hope to have my First Aid kit upgraded from the simple "Costco" advanced to a true certified kit. The one I have is sufficient - I just want to make sure it's complete for future events.)

XJCasper
February 14th, 2005, 05:26
Sorry Mark, could not get pics yesterday. Brian got stuck east of the mountains. The Jeep is locked in his garage. After our Funeral Saturday, the wife talked me into checking a furniture store out. Now that she has her new valentines day present, I have to get something else for my toy. In other words, the Jeep is going to become my daily driver. I have to sell my car, and strip it of aftermarket parts.

Due to Valentines day, my XJ should be slapped together Tuesday. I have some work to do on my car tomorrow. Around that, I want to start running my airlines and parts for the Air compressor.

Sorry for rambling on. Had too much time to think about things today and no one to express my needs to.

Last note...

Mark, there are some days you have planned off in March? On Wed., I might have found some trials to explore down around the Nisqually Res.

Jason

Sniggs
February 14th, 2005, 10:29
Sorry Mark, could not get pics yesterday. Brian got stuck east of the mountains. The Jeep is locked in his garage. After our Funeral Saturday, the wife talked me into checking a furniture store out. Now that she has her new valentines day present, I have to get something else for my toy. In other words, the Jeep is going to become my daily driver. I have to sell my car, and strip it of aftermarket parts.

Due to Valentines day, my XJ should be slapped together Tuesday. I have some work to do on my car tomorrow. Around that, I want to start running my airlines and parts for the Air compressor.

Sorry for rambling on. Had too much time to think about things today and no one to express my needs to.

Last note...

Mark, there are some days you have planned off in March? On Wed., I might have found some trials to explore down around the Nisqually Res.

JasonYeah! I've got Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (March 2, 3 & 4) off. My sons are flying in Monday and we're going to goof off for the rest of the week before one of them ships out to Korea (Air Force).

Maybe we should see if some of the other folks want to put a more informal run together(?). Who knows! Maybe I'll have MY lift done by then, huh??

We can talk more about it this Saturday.
Mark

paul_xj04
February 14th, 2005, 15:54
pilchuck snow run was tight, so was green mt.
http://img129.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img129&image=pic2023197kl.jpg
http://img129.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img129&image=pic2023203im.jpg
http://img129.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img129&image=pic2023226au.jpg
http://img129.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img129&image=pic2023214jx.jpg

My_Little_Pony
February 14th, 2005, 16:13
Little pony ill go, where to and a time and day.

Sorry Bro....I didn't see the post....my bad!! We ended up going to Taneum creek in Eastern Washington. I don't get on the computer that much on the weekends. I am usually stuck under my jeep (cause it fell off the jacks and is laying on me) or I am out wheelin'.

XJourney
February 14th, 2005, 18:00
Well I just got back from Leavenworth. There is denfinitly snow on Jacks Pass. The town of Index has about 3" as of 2:00pm this afternoon. And Skykomish has about 6". The Dec run we didn't even see snow till we got upto pass the landslid.

Since we seem to have such a big group this time. We can divide up. Those who want to can go up to Jacks Pass with me and if we see snow to play in up there, if not we can head back to Reiter.
And the others can go straight to Reiter and we may catch up with them later.
How does that sound????

xjoe
February 14th, 2005, 18:58
sounds good, I'm for reiter.

XJCasper
February 14th, 2005, 22:27
Sounds fine. I want both. So I would hit Jacks Pass first.

Sniggs
February 14th, 2005, 22:38
Sounds fine. I want both. So I would hit Jacks Pass first.Me too!

XJCasper
February 15th, 2005, 00:17
There are people on pnwjeep.com talking about going out on Sunday and Monday. I might head up to Evans Creek, to find out what people are allways talking about.

2xtreme
February 15th, 2005, 08:32
Well I just got back from Leavenworth. There is denfinitly snow on Jacks Pass. The town of Index has about 3" as of 2:00pm this afternoon. And Skykomish has about 6". The Dec run we didn't even see snow till we got upto pass the landslid.

Since we seem to have such a big group this time. We can divide up. Those who want to can go up to Jacks Pass with me and if we see snow to play in up there, if not we can head back to Reiter.
And the others can go straight to Reiter and we may catch up with them later.
How does that sound????

Well that is promising!! However, it was snowing in Lynwood, Everett, and Cameno Isl on Sunday so I would have expected them to have some snow. However, it is supposed to be nice for the next few days so we will see when we get there what it is like.

I agree, we will defineitly want to break into two groups. I think we have somwhere between 10 and 15 trucks if everyone who says they are coming do actually show (not bad for a casual informal event!).

If we meet at the Dutch cup with the whole group and then we can decide who is going where and what runs each group is planing and who will lead etc then we can all meet one another and not have too large of a group on any one trail.

Are we all still good at meeting at the Dutch Cup at 9:00AM. You should have eaten and gassed up by then. This ok with everyone? How about we try to get confirmation of who is going by friday so that we have a good list for meeting in the morning.

Any questions?
Michael

hards91xj
February 16th, 2005, 06:48
I`ll be up to join in for the Jacks Pass part. See ya in Sulton. :wave:

paul_xj04
February 16th, 2005, 09:02
im in for Jacks pass first. ill be in my green TJ on 35" SSR's

2xtreme
February 16th, 2005, 14:54
I will be there in my xj on 33's.

A neighbor of mine will be there in his white xj on 33's.

A work colegue might be there in their xj (not sure of size of lift).

My brother will also be there with his xj (4.5" lift and 235 tires :) mostlikely or the quad if we do not get it ready for the drive (after installing the lift).

Michael

XJCasper
February 16th, 2005, 15:06
Brian will be there in his XJ.

I will be there. IF not in my Jeep, I will be the one begging for a ride.

Later
Jason

XJourney
February 16th, 2005, 18:40
I will be there on my baby 32's

Hans

Matt98XJ
February 16th, 2005, 19:54
Wish I could go, but I have to work.

Sniggs
February 16th, 2005, 22:36
Okay, confirmed, Andy and I will be there between 8 and 8:15 for breakfast. My oldest son, will meet us there and ride in my navigator's chair <grin> ;) ...He asked if he could drive....heheheh...right... :D

XJCasper
February 16th, 2005, 23:04
Problem with the U-Joints. The U-joints sent with the new driveshaft are too big. Crap. Brian is going to see what can be done at a local shop tomorrow.

xjoe
February 16th, 2005, 23:43
I'll see ya there.

paul_xj04
February 17th, 2005, 08:29
cool same place same time, who all is locked up, winches and such. i have an arb up front welded 44 rear but no winch.

2xtreme
February 17th, 2005, 08:38
cool same place same time, who all is locked up, winches and such. i have an arb up front welded 44 rear but no winch.

Of the group I listed earlier that was coming with me (they do not often post here) none of them are locked yet but we do have at least 1 winch.

Michael

XJourney
February 17th, 2005, 11:09
Unlocked, no winch.

paul_xj04
February 17th, 2005, 13:21
this will be fun:D

XJCasper
February 18th, 2005, 03:09
:sunshine:

It's Running smoothly.

:party:

Gonna go beat it tomorrow before work to see if we can come up with any loose ends.

Jason

paul_xj04
February 18th, 2005, 10:45
well my 36's are almost slicks and my ARB is acting up, wont stay activated

Chris J.
February 18th, 2005, 11:56
Hey Paul...Mike said he'd sell you the 35's that you saw yesterday if you wan them...give me a call...(he's going to get 36s anyway)

Chris

hards91xj
February 18th, 2005, 13:57
I`m locked front ,powerlock rear ,winch , chain saw, air,map;to much to list
Also a towbar ,hopefully won`t have to use it this time (Like Range Rover back from Little Naches :laugh3: ) runnin solo see ya there :wave:

2xtreme
February 18th, 2005, 14:15
I`m locked front ,powerlock rear ,winch , chain saw, air,map;to much to list
Also a towbar ,hopefully won`t have to use it this time (Like Range Rover back from Little Naches :laugh3: ) runnin solo see ya there :wave:

Everyone is ok when Howard is on the trail:)
That Range Rover is still recovering from that trip!!

Michael

jmxj98
February 18th, 2005, 21:53
i'll be there with a buddy of mine.

jmxj98
February 18th, 2005, 21:59
I just put the hooks on today. I tried to get some from Jeep and they were $129. I couldn't believe it!!!!! For a hunk of metal that bends at the end?!?!?!?! I told them I would make the ones for $5 work.

Can't wait. I got to get to bed. Leaving at 6:00am.

Sniggs
February 18th, 2005, 22:17
We will be looking for you, Jeff! You DO have a long haul from Aberdeen. Will a 6:00 departure put you in Sultan in time? I'm leaving the Seatac area by 7:00 so I can Gas up and start breakfast by 8:00.

U gonna make it in 3 hours?

hards91xj
February 18th, 2005, 23:08
Well looks like us southenders are headed out at the same time :Leaving NE Tacoma/ Fedway 6:30-7:00. :)

Sniggs
February 18th, 2005, 23:19
Well looks like us southenders are headed out at the same time :Leaving NE Tacoma/ Fedway 6:30-7:00. :)
Gas is cheaper in Monroe - better to top off there...

XJourney
February 18th, 2005, 23:29
My cell is 1(360) 220-6265. Call me if your running late so we don't leave anyone behind.

XJCasper
February 19th, 2005, 02:35
For anyone coming up from the South end. My cell is 360-789-0064. I will be leaving Yelm by 6:30 at the latest. Brian and I will be leaving Lacey by 7:00.

Jason

XJourney
February 20th, 2005, 11:11
Hope everyone made it home safe from Reiter.(yes I said Reiter) I see a few of them lurking around. THAT WAS A GREAT WHEELING TRIP.

Thanks to: Mike, Howard, Scott, Joe, Mark, Marc, Jeff, Jason, Andy, Paul, And FLYIN BRIAN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xjourney/111_1177.jpg

Sniggs
February 20th, 2005, 17:14
It was a GREAT trip!! More pics can be found at:

http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly

These pics are compressed for the Web. A LOT of them didn't turn out because Pat didn't know enough about the camera. If there's one on my site that you want, just Holler, ok?

Thanks for another successful trip, everyone!

XJourney
February 20th, 2005, 19:31
Great pics Mark or should I say Pat. The tire smoke one with me is killer :yelclap:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xjourney/site1146.jpg
Kinda looks like a crime scene. :skull1: Definitely DO NOT ENTER Launch in Progress.

xjoe
February 20th, 2005, 22:30
thank guys, that was a great trip! I lost my alt in woodinville on the way home! It was about 8:45 when I limped to a 76 station,Tried to find an open parts store, but they were all closed(where is howard,when you need him L.O.L)So I started thinking... I have a 89 sitting in my garage on a stand(in port orchard)So I called home told my wife the situation, she pulled the alt and brought it to me. She really saved the day.Anyway all is well going to evans tommorow, look forword to wheeling w/ you again soon,Joe

ECKSJAY
February 20th, 2005, 22:54
So I called home told my wife the situation, she pulled the alt and brought it to me. She really saved the day.

I want to buy her a beer. :cheers:

XJourney
February 20th, 2005, 23:02
Your wife pulled the alternator for you? Like it was still bolted in? :repair: You seriously own your wife a night out on the town. She is the coolest.

2xtreme
February 20th, 2005, 23:32
Joe, you owe your wife a BEER!!

Howard, Special thanks for the tug!!

Group, Thanks for another great trip!!

I vote Mark as our official photo narrator!!

Thanks again guys,
Michael

XJCasper
February 21st, 2005, 03:59
I will send Mark a link to my pics so he can add them to his site.

Jason

hards91xj
February 21st, 2005, 08:55
Joe, you owe your wife a BEER!!

Howard, Special thanks for the tug!!

Group, Thanks for another great trip!!

I vote Mark as our official photo narrator!!

Thanks again guys,
Michael
Not a problem , those U joint $
wait till the tow $$$$ hits you. fun and a learning day for some. Enjoyed.

paul_xj04
February 21st, 2005, 10:21
sorry i didnt make it fellas, didnt wake up till 300, i was headed out towards monroe and saw acouple XJs, were any of them from the board

XJCasper
February 21st, 2005, 11:59
Not at 3:00.

So can we set another date guys? Evans Creek? April? Possibly Sunday?

Thanks
Jason

ECKSJAY
February 21st, 2005, 12:13
Not at 3:00.

So can we set another date guys? Evans Creek? April? Possibly Sunday?

Thanks
Jason

10th maybe? That gives me and Mr. Snigglypants time to get our shtuff together. :P

CW
February 21st, 2005, 12:44
What do you guys think of the last week of march? I would be able to make it that week.

XJCasper
February 21st, 2005, 17:14
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.12d4vker&x=0&h=1&y=-bi6hgh

Link to my pics. Mark will probably add the better shots to his album.

Jason

Sniggs
February 21st, 2005, 18:37
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.12d4vker&x=0&h=1&y=-bi6hgh

Link to my pics. Mark will probably add the better shots to his album.

JasonMy place is full...there are a lot of shots that didn't make it there...and some that look like something out of the 60's (Far out! Man! :spin3: :wow: :puke: ).

If there isn't an official "March" run, maybe Jason and I can pull together a "Best of" group of photos for March. I also suggested to Jason that he start his own site - he has Comcast and the same capability as I do...

Any further thoughts about hosting NAXJA Northwest photos somewhere? I washed my rig today at lunch and it looks like I biffed a rock, or a tree (or two). I'll post pics....

swifty088
February 21st, 2005, 18:39
Anytime in april or the end of march would be good for me to tag along my rig should be ready by then if full traction gets my lift here so i can get it installed and the gears broke in by then, loved the photos of the last run looks like every one had a good time, and i see there is aleast one other guy in port orchard also, john

XJCasper
February 21st, 2005, 18:53
In that case, cut and paste my link for pics.

Sniggs
February 21st, 2005, 21:48
In that case, cut and paste my link for pics.I did this using tinypic.com... Try it out!
I wonder how many of THESE Michael has seen?
http://tinypic.com/1sxwf8
http://tinypic.com/1sxwf8
I have one here for Jeff as soon as I see how this looks.

Sniggs
February 21st, 2005, 22:10
Here Ya go, Jeff!
http://tinypic.com/1sxzbd
http://tinypic.com/1sxzbd

Just a COOL pic! The original is blurred but sharpening this gave it a look of MOTION! :)

Sniggs
February 21st, 2005, 22:27
http://tinypic.com/1sy0cw

http://tinypic.com/1sy0cw

Sort of reminds me of that movie, "Tremors"... :scared: