• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NE Ohio, NW PA area 4x4 shops???

Capt. Nemo

NAXJA Member #904
Just wondering where you guys go to have work done on your rigs? I know there is a 4WP in Parma, OH, but I don't count that as a real 4x4 shop. Just trying to get an idea of what's around.

Capt. Nemo said:
Just wondering where you guys go to have work done on your rigs? I know there is a 4WP in Parma, OH, but I don't count that as a real 4x4 shop. Just trying to get an idea of what's around.
yea i live 5 mins away from the 4wp. every time i went up there for a question about something they acted liek their shit didnt stink. but when you go up there to buy something they are your best friends....especially when they find out you have a lifted cherokee and you built it yourself.

XJawgi said:
yea i live 5 mins away from the 4wp. every time i went up there for a question about something they acted liek their shit didnt stink. but when you go up there to buy something they are your best friends....especially when they find out you have a lifted cherokee and you built it yourself.

Have you had any gear work/locker work done? If so, where did you have it done, or did you do it yourself? How about any other work that you aren't able to do yourself, where would you go???

Capt. Nemo said:
Have you had any gear work/locker work done? If so, where did you have it done, or did you do it yourself? How about any other work that you aren't able to do yourself, where would you go???

I havent tried to do any gear or locker work yet, but if i were too, id try to do it myself. Pretty much all the work i do is done by me and my old man. And if we cant figure it out, we know someone who can. That 4wd place does a lot of work so they must know what their doing. The one guy drives a huge grand cherokee with like 35's. Ask em for an estimate and if its too high try to find someone who can help you do it yourself.

i'm from chardon ohio (45 minutes east of cleveland) and i haven't found anything good in my area... i think there is somewhere down by Akron/ Canton area but i'm not sure

"4 Wheel Drive Hardware" is in Columbiana, OH [slightly southeast from Canton], and "Quradratech" is in W. Chester PA [southeatern side of the state]. I don't think eather do anywork though. There is a place in Mt. Vernon, OH that does work. All are too expencive in my eyes. I got my lift from "4Wheel Parts" in Columbus before they went out. My "Bushwackers" from "Deasert Rat" in AZ. All was before I became active on NAXJA. I will most liklely order any other parts from one of our sponsers. The only thing I wouldn't do my self is gears. I would just take it to the dealership to put them in, and I have frends that could help me with anything else I can't handle on my own. Anyway Capt. Ron why do you ask your in CA right?

Check out the guys at www.eriejeeppeople.com its a club in Erie, Pa. Good group of people. They should be able to point you in a good direction...

Back