• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New install but a question.

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well i got my rustys adjustable LCAs and today i finally had a chance to put them in. My only real concern was did i put them in right, i am sure i just stepped into the fire wiht that one but hey i am still new. I did it by myself and it took about 1.5 hours because i had a tough time moving the axle by myself.

lca_befor.jpg

missing.jpg

compare.jpg

new2.jpg

new_left.jpg

new_right.jpg
missing.jpg
installed.jpg

I am pretty proud doing it myself, before my XJ i never did work on any sort of vehicle. The only thing is i need some shims, i think the LCA is knocking. Woudl it be the LCA it seemed like a tight fit, but when i turn the wheel i hear a very quiet knock. Could I have disturbed something else moving the entire axle

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you have them in backwards. The bend in the arm should be at the axle. The adj end should be at the frame mount. Look at rusty's website and look under FAQ. I think it says something about it there. I have his non adj arms and the bend was supposed to be at the axle to prevent the arms from hitting the shock bracket on the axle.

Back