• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake metering block. HELP!!!

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
I was installing a proportioning valve on my 2001 XJ. now when i press the brakes the fronts dont stop. I looked at my metering valve (where all the lines tie in) and took it off. the block is messed up so it leaks now. where one of the fittings is compressed to the block. where can i get one and what years will be compatible. i have no ABS.

What you refer to as a metering block is a proportioning valve. Are you saying you replaced it, or that you added another proportioning valve. If the latter, the two may not be happy trying to control the same system.

is the stock proportioning valve adjustable? i wanted to put the other one on cause my rear discs lock up before the fronts.

No, the stock one isn't adjustablel. You can either eliminate the stock one and just run the adjustable one in the rear circuit -- which will mean you won't have a brake failure warning light because the stock unit also handles that function -- or you could try a proportioning valve from a ZJ with rear discs.

Back