• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Enginge Compartment Wiring Question

AngryDog

NAXJA Forum User
I was working on a vaccum line today and I found that I had a wire that seemed to be melted fast to the mainfold down behind the engine. I worked it loose and did find that it was indeed melted fast in a couple of spots to the point of exposing some bare wire. I now need to find out where this wire assembly goes. It comes up to the area at the back corner of the engine where the temp sender is located and enters a main trunk there. It is a three wire connection. It is not the O2 sensor wire or the temp sender one. It then goes down behind the engine to a spot that looks to be attached to the front side of the tranny. I could not see as much as I wanted to because I did not feel like crawling under Nelly on the cold turf. Anyboy have any ideas as to what this wire might be. I know I need to fix it but I need to know what wire assembly to ask for.

Sounds like the crankshaft position sensor wire.

old_man said:
Sounds like the crankshaft position sensor wire.
Ditto.

CPS would be a 3-wire connector with 2 wires (at least foir the older Renix XJs -- dunno how many wires on the HO CPS). One other possibility is that automatics have a connector to the throttle body. I drive a 5-speed so I don't remember what this does, but it should connect to the tranny and have a connector right beside/behind the throttle body.

Eagle said:
Ditto.

CPS would be a 3-wire connector with 2 wires (at least foir the older Renix XJs -- dunno how many wires on the HO CPS).

The HO's have the same 3 pin connector/two wire setup but use different pins in the connector. But would it run with them melted and shorted out?

JoBo

Back