• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front leaf perch ???'s

THRASHER

NAXJA Forum User
so I am in the process on going full width and ran into a problem with the front axle. I am running leafs in the front and my center pin distance is 30.5. The spring perches are 2.5 in wide, this puts them at a overall width of 31.75 at the long point and 29.25 at the narrow point.

The front axle I got is a 44 of a j10. The passenger side perch will weld right up, but the drivers side perch is on gong to be on top of where the axle tube goes into the diff housing. This perch will need to be about 2.5in tall because of the way the diff housing is cast.

Should I try to grind down as much as I can without weaking the housing to lower them, or make the pasenger perch match the height? Will I run into any problems with spring perches that high on the front axle?

So you have an 1980+ Ford front axle? What size tires are you gonna run, with what BS rims?

Outboarding the mounts outside your frame rails is the common choice, but if you run big tires they could rub on the leafs, and Will reduce flex.

I would either narrow your front and run less BS rims, or run links on the front.

ok...figured it out. I was off by about 3/4 of an inch so I dont need to move them as much as I thought. The j10 44 is spring under, so I cut of the perch and set it up for spring over, The perches were each moved in .5in from there stock location. I made a 1/4in mount on the cast part. I will get some pics which I am going to post on the front leaf topic...

Back