• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring woes

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Has anyone ever had electrical troubles due to cold weather? My drivers side controls on my 98 wont always work until after it warms up, same with my rear window defrost switch, which is quite ironic lol. Im thinking probably just a common wiring problem but I wanted to check with the pros to see if theres anything im not catching, and I cant tear it apart for a few more weeks just cause its to damn cold to be working on it after dark after work...
Thanks
Ryan

If I were you, wait for a warm day and start looking at all the grounds, I found a weak ground from the factory that would prevent things from working correctly (or at all)

From what Ive noticed, things have a tendency to work..then not work...then ya fool around with them and they work some more...so Im thinking a loose connection somewhere, I wont know for sure until I get it torn down and see how things go together but it must be something used common across many components, IE ground most likely. Im thinking the cold may be causing things to contract just barely enough to make a connection a little shaky, since ive only had this problem since late fall, not all summer.

Back