• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper washer sprayer replacement

mudhound32

NAXJA Forum User
I figured I would be proactive and try to fix a problem with the wiper washer sprayer on the driver side doesn't spray any fluid, but the passanger side works fine. We are getting a big snow storm today and wanted to get this done before it fully hits today, so I pulled the wipers and the beizel to access the washer tubes hoping the hose was off. Anyway it wasn't so my next step was to pull the hose from the sprayer unit, but it broke right off :rattle: Does anyone know of either a replacement (since it initially dosen't seem to be a replacable item) or a way to make it work. This is on an 89 XJ. Thanks for any advise

Take a piece of the plastic tubing to a home depot, or any hardware store. Perhaps even an autozone as well. They sell that tubing by the foot at the home improvement stores. If its just the tube thats broke and not the plastic nipple that it mounts to. If its the plastic piece, you can try to get it on with some JB Weld.
If the nozzle on the drivers side is clogged and doesn't allow fluid to get to the windshield, take a sewing needle and try to work it through from the bottom. This clears and loosens some of the gunk. Even try spraying some penetrant in there too.
Hope this helps.

Somthing you might try, is to get the kind that attach to the wiper arm off a junk yard car. I did that to a van I had because the fluid wouldn't spray far enough up the windshild when going over 45. I got mine off a Dodge Aries, and I know that 95 Chrysler Town & Country mini vans have them, but not all Chrysler vans because mine was a 93 Plymouth Voyager LE.

Back