• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Brake Lines

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
I am going to have my local parts store make a new rear line from the body to the axle. Does anyone know what size and types of threads are on the two ends of the line?

Thanks for your help guys.

Fenton Beech

3/16" inverted flare,has this shop commited to this,most will not make "brake lines".

I went in asking for a line for a YJ and they told me that they needed to know What the fitting sizes were bc they don't have any info on what lines are for what that you tell them what fittings you need and how long the line is and they have one made for you and that i coudl get it the next day.

Both ends are a 3/16" inverted flare?

Thanks

Not to thread hijack, but I need an adapter to make the rear brakeline at the body end come down at a 90 degree. I got a Cross Enterprises shock hoop and the soft brakeline hits it before it is put into place. What are the fittings for that? A 90 degree 3/16 male to female inverted flare? Thanks.

-Mike

$20 at Napa will buy you a Dakota line,theyre good up to 6" of lift!

They don't make it at the store they have it made for them and both of the auto parts stores around here say that they can't order a line for somethign specific that you have to give them the info on what fittings and how long it needs to be. I tryed going in and asking for a line from a YJ and they wanted to know what the fittings were so they could have one made.

PFunk242 said:
They don't make it at the store they have it made for them and both of the auto parts stores around here say that they can't order a line for somethign specific that you have to give them the info on what fittings and how long it needs to be. I tryed going in and asking for a line from a YJ and they wanted to know what the fittings were so they could have one made.
I think I would look for another parts store. I have never heard of a parts store that can't provide brake hoses off the shelf. They might have to get it from the warehouse for some makes/models of vehicle, but asking you to tell them what fittings so they can have it made up? Ridiculous.

Eagle said:
I think I would look for another parts store. I have never heard of a parts store that can't provide brake hoses off the shelf. They might have to get it from the warehouse for some makes/models of vehicle, but asking you to tell them what fittings so they can have it made up? Ridiculous.

Why not just order from Rubicon Express or others? That way you KNOW they have the correct fittings aand are extended for a lift.

-Mike

So is the fitting I need: Male to Female 3/16 inverted flare?

Eagle said:
I think I would look for another parts store.

agreed... was his reason for "custom" lines becuse he said it would be cheaper?? or he thinks you dont know what you are taliking about.. YJ or Dakota rear lines should be around $20.... i prefer the RE stainless lines even if they are a bit 'spensize... the stainless gives excellent resistance to wear and cutting, but conversely they won't stretch when they are maxed out.. (but thats an indicator that you need a longer line anyways)

What year is the Dakota line that i am looking for?

been in the parts game for a decade, and I have never said that to anyone. The closest thing would be "dealer only" but that is rare when I worked aftermarket. I used to work at a dodge dealer so I went there for my YJ line.. under $20. I think. The dakota was more. I think its a pre-96 dakota line.. so 95 YJ or 95 Dakota.

I ordered front and rear 95 yj lines from quadratec for $45.00 for all three. and they bolt right up. plenty of slack on 7+ inches

Anyone know the diffrences in legnth between the dakota and the yj lines?

I used the Dakota rear line from my 96 work truck,it is 22" long and will work to 6" of lift!

Back