• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what aftermarket seats are you using??

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i'm looking to replace the broken driver's seat in the 90 XJ daily driver... what have you used that is comfortable enough for 40K miles of daily driving annually? what about you guys with bad lower backs.. what works for you??

I'm using a Corbeau. The A4, I think.

I bought it for the same price the dealer quoted me for a stock replacement.

It required an adapter to mount in the XJ which raised the seat higher than I would like (I'm 6'1"), but mounted to the power seat base easily. I will build a new adapter later.

The seat is European-style firm and is VERY comfortable on long trips and offroading. I've run multi-day Rubicon trips with it and it still feels great on the drive back home.

My one complaint is the style I bought has a very narrow seat. There are steel bars in the internal frame that make up the sides of the seat. I have a 33" waist and I'm about the largest person I think that could fit comfortably.

SARgroundpounder said:
My one complaint is the style I bought has a very narrow seat. There are steel bars in the internal frame that make up the sides of the seat. I have a 33" waist and I'm about the largest person I think that could fit comfortably.

Most of their styles have the option available for a wider seat than standard.

Im installing some Corbeau Baja SS's in my Cheromanche project.I already had them for a buggy project.I'll finish the tilting mounts tomorrow!

RCP Phx said:
Im installing some Corbeau Baja SS's in my Cheromanche project.I already had them for a buggy project.I'll finish the tilting mounts tomorrow!

When you're finished w. the tilt mounts, post some pics.

I'm considering that style seat with a 2-door. The rear seat is hardly ever used, but it would be nice to be able to tilt the seat forward for whatever reason.

TIA

Just ordered a set of Corbeau Forzas

I bought some heavy duty upholstery foam and re-stuffed my seats. Extra padding where I want it for less than $30 and the ride is great. Just another option for ya.

Fergie

recaro LXF awsome. PLUS there are addons you can buy like inflatable lumbar support and seat heaters. I haven't added the lumbar support or heater but soon i will. Great seats.

Urban Redneck said:
Mastercraft Rubicons. Great for DD and trail. 'nuff said.

i was looking at those... its hard to tell how comfy it will be just from the pics in the Q-tec catalog.... i hope they are comfy enough for the 35 hr trip to Moab in april... :laugh3:

I´ve got a set of Scheelmann seats, don´t know, if they´re available in the US. They´re OK.
scheelmann01.jpg

sidriptide said:
i was looking at those... its hard to tell how comfy it will be just from the pics in the Q-tec catalog.... i hope they are comfy enough for the 35 hr trip to Moab in april... :laugh3:
I put the Rubicon Seats by Master Craft in about 2 months ago and am very happy with them. I noticed that it raised me up about an inch and a half higher than my factory seats. They are comfortable for every day use but a little difficult to get up and in to because of the solid bolster on the sides; well worth the extra effort for the added support. I opted for the lumbar and if I would have known that there was a heated seat option I would have had it installed; heated seats in the winter are sweet!

sidriptide said:

Actually, they make the ride feel smoother because they are a suspension seat. The things are very well made. I had them when we did the 11 hour ride to Paragon from Chicago and didn't have any problems. Get the lumbar, well worth it, and pick up the seat covers. Those are worth the $.

Back