• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranfser swap

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to rip & replace my 231...got the book but i was just wondering how long this should take....ya i got all the tools i need....

Very easy.
Remove driveshafts, speedo cable, shift linkage, vacuum lines, and anything else connecting the transfer case to the transmission.
Use two jacks to support the tranny and xfer case seperately.
Drop the crossmember Lower both slightly to be able to reach all the bolts connecting the xfer and transmission.
Slide it back.
The linkage bracket on the drivers side may need to be removed to ge to a bolt or two but that was all that slowed me down.
Have fun.

Just realized you are in Allentown PA. When I retire from the military I'm coming back that way. Between Hershey and Allentown somwhere.

If you ever need a really good mechanic or Jeep fabricator I can hook you up with my buddy Josh who lives off of Sunneylane (I think) there in Allentown.
PM me if you want his info.

Back