• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Co2 Regulator from Williams Balloons

btraysxj

NAXJA Forum User
Co2 Regulator from Williams Balloons...any good?

Anyone running a regulator from Williams Balloons for their Co2 setup? If so which model and what psi is it set for?

http://williamsballoons.com/html/carbon_dioxide.html

I'm putting together a Co2 setup so if anyone has any recommendations on which regulator to run I would appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Brian T.

Last edited:
Re: Co2 Regulator from Williams Balloons...any good?

I'm not using one of those but if I was, I'd get the 200 psi and a regulator. The high pressure is nice if you need to reseat a tire bead.

If you call them and tell them you are using it for On Board Air, for airing up tires on a 4x4, they should know what to get you. The lady I talked to there a year ago sold me a 150 psi model, not sure what P/N it was, but she was familiar with what i wanted it for. I think the internals may be different on the one they sell for OBA? Also, I think if you tell them you are a member of a club they will give you a discount. Not sure on that, just something I heard After I bought mine. Anyhow, the 150 psi model I have works great for airing up, better than more expensive ones I have seen in use. Mine won't run an inpact though, but that could just be because my impact is worn out?

jjmat3 said:
If you call them and tell them you are using it for On Board Air, for airing up tires on a 4x4, they should know what to get you. The lady I talked to there a year ago sold me a 150 psi model, not sure what P/N it was, but she was familiar with what i wanted it for. I think the internals may be different on the one they sell for OBA? Also, I think if you tell them you are a member of a club they will give you a discount. Not sure on that, just something I heard After I bought mine. Anyhow, the 150 psi model I have works great for airing up, better than more expensive ones I have seen in use. Mine won't run an inpact though, but that could just be because my impact is worn out?
Do you remember how much you payed?

I run the 100psi model which will give you an output around 90psi (the pressure required for most air tools like an impact gun). It will fill the tires a little slower than a higher psi model but I was ok with that so that I could run air tools. I think I paid about $45 for it.

Thanks for the replies... I ordered the 150 psi regulator but when I mentioned this to a good friend of mine he stated he had problems with the ones he tried from them. He said they weren't capable of providing continuous flow at the specified psi. It was so bad that it would barely fill a tire past 30 pounds after extended use. I plan on hooking up the regulator this weekend and just giving it a test run. Hopefully the internals between the unit I ordered and his are different. I spoke to the same Lady that jjmat3 did and explained to her that I wanted to fill tires and reseat beads. So hopefully I won't be bummed.

Has anyone filled numerous tires with theirs without any problems? I'll be trying to help out the people who have provided me air in the past.

Thanks again,
Brian T.

Pay the extra money so that you can run an impact and pop a bead back on. You might save a few bucks now but when you are out on the trail and need to pop a bead back on, run an impact, or the dang thing is freezing up cause you have aired up a couple of buddies jeeps then you really willing be hating that you did not get the better one. Hope that helps. later...Clint

Clint.... which regulator do you recommend?

Main purpose is to refill tires and reseat beads. Running air tools was last on my list since I don't own any.

Brian T.

Last edited:
The one I got from them was I think the fixed 160 but I don't remember what p/n. If you tell them you are purchasing it for a business they'll give you a deal.

I bought the 100psi model (cause I do run my air tools with it) and it's worked great so far with the limited use I gave it before the cold weather set in. It refills my tires and runs my impact wrench. Haven't had to reseat a bead yet, but I've seen that done with an onboard air compressor so I gotta imagine my stuff will work fine. I paid somewhere around $30 and got a discount for being in an offroad club (even though I'm not actually in a non-internet one).
Jeep on!
--Pete

80955462.jpg

I don't see precisely how that gives me a membership in a non-internet-based 4x4 club, but you guys can have all of last week's paycheck. Heck, all of last month's! Now, if only I had a job... :laugh3:
Jeep on!
-Pete

I run the adjustable gauged regulator from www.formattfab.com and I've been happy with it. Some people like the williamsballoons ones because it is compact and it doesn't have the gauges.....or anything that you could really break.

But I like the one I use....it's adjustable for tires and air tools and it costs the same as the williams balloon ones at $40.

After all was said and done... I should have just bought formatt fab's setup. I spent about the same as his but spent more time then I should have trying to figure out the right setup to piece together.

Brian T.

Back