• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help for 2N04 - Scouting Mission

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Hey all,

We need to scout out 2N04 to see about any damage from the recent weather and I will not have the time to do it in the near future. We should have it done by about February 18.

All we need is somebody to drive the trail and take pictures of any major damage and/or erosion and plot the positions with GPS points.

2N04 is usually an easy trail, however Arrastre creek does like to run through the middle of it, so I would go up there expecting some erosion trouble.

I will post up more information on the trail (map of the area, all that) a little later on here, but please let me know if you are willing to take on this project. Just go ahead and submit the information to me and I will send it along to the USFS.

Thanks,
Sequoia

My back yard, I can probably handle this one. I have a digi camera and gps. Let me know

ryurabbit said:
My back yard, I can probably handle this one. I have a digi camera and gps. Let me know

I don't know, That sure is a long thirty minute drive! And for what? Wheeling? I don't know how you can stand it!!!!

I'm available to endure such a thing 2/12 or 2/13.

Tim

Last edited:
You guys rock! Here's info.

2N04 is east of Big Bear City, it runs from 2N01 (close to Juniper Springs Group Camp) to Highway 38. The Hwy. 38 point of 2N04 is 34.21981 x -116.75769. Alternatively you can go in via 2N01 (38 point is 34.20740 x -116.73803) then hook up with 2N04.

Here is a low quality map of the area, below you will find higher quality.
2N04-small.jpg

Support Files(Right click, save):
Higher Quality Map
2N04 Waypoints (NAD83/WGS84)
2N04 Waypoints (NAD27)

GSequoia said:
You guys rock!

Duh!!!!!!

Last time I was up there I also ran the little roads that ran off of 2n04 that were in question at the first work day. I have the data in my gps as well as took some pics while I was on them. If I ever learn how to empty the gps's brain, you can have that too. I am learning to accept that I may never be as smart as my toaster.

Tim

Back