• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about chopping the rear of my XJ

Vic's89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about chopping the rear of my XJ anyone have some pics to share or ideas they want to share?? Iv'e seen a few made like a pickup. Thanks, Vic

I have been thinking about doing the same. There are not to many of them chopped here in nova scotia. None that I have seen anyway. I would like to to see some pics as well.

I found this Richard Gauthier's Jeep, sorry it happened but, man is he talented, great job.

http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={C9B50706-F7D6-410E-B99C-36111C35FAC9}&AlbumId={4CD6D08F-A20A-4CB4-B4F5-B8DB4AAFBBA5}&GroupId={4D49D728-EB85-4262-862B-B996B5316D16}

Vic's89XJ said:
I found this Richard Gauthier's Jeep, sorry it happened but, man is he talented, great job.

http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={C9B50706-F7D6-410E-B99C-36111C35FAC9}&AlbumId={4CD6D08F-A20A-4CB4-B4F5-B8DB4AAFBBA5}&GroupId={4D49D728-EB85-4262-862B-B996B5316D16}

Try this: make-over pics

I used the back of a Commanche cab on mine, and left enough room for the back seat.

Goatman said:
Try this: make-over pics

I used the back of a Commanche cab on mine, and left enough room for the back seat.

You know, I'm betting for BOTW IV, there will be more chopped up, hacked up and generally molested XJ's than whole ones!

Long live the full-bodied XJ!

CRASH

Although mine is not the work of art that many others are, including Goatmans'. If you want more info shoot me a PM and I will send you what I got.

Rev

If you also want to put a winch on the back remember to sandwich the sheet metal real good :D ask me how i know :shhh:

XJoachim said:
If you also want to put a winch on the back remember to sandwich the sheet metal real good :D ask me how i know :shhh:

Okay How?? Please tell. Anyone know who's XJ this is??

BOB22.jpg

Like that soft top idea.

Put a plate below and on top of the rear sheet metal as large as possible and bolt them together. Then mount the winch on the top plate. The plates should be at least 3/16" to give a solid mount for the winch.

XJoachim said:
Put a plate below and on top of the rear sheet metal as large as possible and bolt them together. Then mount the winch on the top plate. The plates should be at least 3/16" to give a solid mount for the winch.

Cool thanks for the info!!

Man, I wish I could post pics. I cut my 2 door, at the doors and cut off everything but the floor. Then cut out the rear quarter skins and tied them into my exo, as just a skin. I dove tailed the rear quaters, and lost about 2ft of width in the rear

If you go to www.AHoffroad.com , Look under Phat kats, and look under my name "Cory" There are some pics, with the top cut and w/o the dove tail, and one of the top cut with the dove tail.

Back