• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barrage of Questions

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ok to start off ill throw down what I have: 1998 XJ 4 door with 3" lift, transfer case drop, misc bolt ons.
A: Im going with a 1.75" BB kit on top of the 3", I know Ill need swaybar QD's, but would I need anything else?
B: I am now running with 31x10.5 tires, with the occasional rub under flex, with the extra lift would 33x10.5 be possible without trimming?
C: Is there any significant performance loss/drivability loss/gas mileage drop/ things like that I should be concerned about compared to my 31s?
D: Has anoyone done this or similar and how did it work out for you?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Ryan

Not even a single comment? Snide remark? Funny ancedote?

If I had to guess, I would say that gears(if you don't have them) would be in order. I just dropped my rear back on the ground after new springs(MJ/XJ hodgepodge) with a 1.5" shackle and without any time to settle...it looks like I have a ton of room with 31's on it. You can always try it!

Ok to start off ill throw down what I have: 1998 XJ 4 door with 3" lift, transfer case drop, misc bolt ons.

A: Im going with a 1.75" BB kit on top of the 3", I know Ill need swaybar QD's, but would I need anything else?

* you might need to address your control arms.
* the tc drop might not be enough to help with vibes so a sye kit might be in order
* might need longer shocks (don't know what you're using now)

B: I am now running with 31x10.5 tires, with the occasional rub under flex, with the extra lift would 33x10.5 be possible without trimming?
my 4.5" kit is giving me more like 5" of lift and with the swaybards disco'd, my 32's rub badly

C: Is there any significant performance loss/drivability loss/gas mileage drop/ things like that I should be concerned about compared to my 31s?
my 32's aren't that bad around town. but going up and down hills has the tranny constantly shifting. 4.56's are on the way

D: Has anoyone done this or similar and how did it work out for you?
dunno. can't help you out there. try a search. i'm sure someone has tried it in the past.

Don't think the quick disconnects are necessary for the lift, just necessary for disconnecting your sway bar quickly and easily.

BlackSport96 said:
Don't think the quick disconnects are necessary for the lift, just necessary for disconnecting your sway bar quickly and easily.

Well if not QD's he will need longer links as the angle on the swaybar will be all wrong.

Otherwise then that Fitch pretty much nailed everything else.

Back