• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper bushings on a dana 30

4x4forlife

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys, how the hell do you get the upper bushings into the mounts on the dana 30. i took out the old ones then bought new ones from rustys and cant get them in. they look about a 1/8" to big too. anyone else have this prob. or am i just being a dumbass.

4x4forlife said:
ok guys, how the hell do you get the upper bushings into the mounts on the dana 30. i took out the old ones then bought new ones from rustys and cant get them in. they look about a 1/8" to big too. anyone else have this prob. or am i just being a dumbass.

Someone please correct me if Im wrong but if they are OEM style and you were able to remove the sleeve you will need a press to get them in. I know there is a tool for this and have heard of people useing a ball joint press. The aftermarket Poly use the same metal sleeve after you remove the rubber insert and do not need a press

I used a ball joint press.
PM me if you need to borrow, we can hook something up when we exchange parts later.

Back