• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 TRanny / Tcase Installation

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
Today me and my friend spent the whole day trying to get the tranny / tcase into my 2wd jeep xj for the conversion and let me tell you that if it doesnt work i am gona burn it...lol

Well putting everything in we ran into a few problems but eventually everything got sorted out. Right now the tranny and tcase is in but all the sensors and linkages are not conected.

THe tcase linkage can be manuvered into many ways and was wondering if someone has a pic or two with it installed properly so i can see it.

Also i remember puttin in these bolts but was wondeirng if i forgot something ?
1. (2) bolts high up top (replaced star ones with normal grade 8 ones)
2. (2) CPS sensor up on the drivers side
3. (2) Starter bolts
4. (2) Large bolts on either side one left and right
5. (2) bolts and (2) nuts on the lower flywheel cover plate one on each side.
6. (1) small bolt on the center of the flywheel inspection plate on the bottom.

Thanks
pete

mjr what exactly do u mean by the pivot point....i think the main issue is the rod that attaches to the tcase has a rectangular piece of metal with a notch in it to fit the tcase. I can attatch that metal with the notch to the tcase weather it ponts up or down, but aint sure which way its supposed to be.

Also the tcase adjuster is in 4lo when its all the way clockwise correct ?

pete

jeepsrock said:
mjr what exactly do u mean by the pivot point....i think the main issue is the rod that attaches to the tcase has a rectangular piece of metal with a notch in it to fit the tcase. I can attatch that metal with the notch to the tcase weather it ponts up or down, but aint sure which way its supposed to be.

Also the tcase adjuster is in 4lo when its all the way clockwise correct ?

pete

It should face down otherwise it would hit the case and not shift through all the ranges. The rod goes from the inside out. 2wd is full clockwise and 4wd Lo is full counterclockwise.

Back