• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 8" Instal

jeepcrazed4x4

NAXJA Forum User
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
i think you should have gone around town like it is in the second pic that would have been a sight to see

bj-666 said:
i think you should have gone around town like it is in the second pic that would have been a sight to see
I did that when I first lifted my Cherokee lifted. Had a shop do the brake lines, and had to drive into town like that. Got a lot of looks from people :laugh3:

jeepcrazed4x4 said:
Yeah, still got a lot to do, cut those off, trim the fenders, and I want to weld the LA brackets and the trak bar bracket to the frame.

Keep an eye on that track bar bracket as they like to crack when used with long arms.

Sweet...........I keep reading this stuff on here, keep putting off ordering the lift kit........but damn man!!! Im going to save some more money and get more then the 3" spring kit i originally had in mind.....

Thats awesome!

Cory

jeepcrazed4x4 said:
Yeah, still got a lot to do, cut those off, trim the fenders, and I want to weld the LA brackets and the trak bar bracket to the frame.

Unless Rusty changed his design, don't the LA brackets need to be removed to gain acess to the tcase? I thought they overlap the xmember, kind of sandwich it between the uni frame. Just a thought before you weld.

flexj said:
Unless Rusty changed his design, don't the LA brackets need to be removed to gain acess to the tcase? I thought they overlap the xmember, kind of sandwich it between the uni frame. Just a thought before you weld.

Ohh wow, I forgot about that... Thanks for that.

Starboard M said:
I did that when I first lifted my Cherokee lifted. Had a shop do the brake lines, and had to drive into town like that. Got a lot of looks from people :laugh3:

haha i have done both i installed my full traction kit in the front and then a week or two later did the rear. haha nedless to say it looked super funny going down the road. and then when i put my 8.8 in i had 31's on and the only thing that would fit were my 33's because they had the correct BS so i had 33" swampers in the rear and 31" mastercrafts in the front that was also pretty funny

jeepcrazed4x4 said:
Ohh wow, I forgot about that... Thanks for that.

Glad to be of service :wave:

and second don't weld the track bar mount on.if anything tack it in place a few good tack is all you need to help keep it from moving.the chances of that mount breaking are good so don't weld it in and never be able to get it out with out having to do alot of grinding.i just replaced mine the other day

Back