• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap Budget boost

DaltonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have done a search and found the few budget boost on the net.. just want your opinions. OK I need to know whats all needed I'm going the F-150 coils for 2" and 3 stock coil isolator for another 2" in the front. S-10 leafs for a mix and match for 3 - 4" in the rear. Is there anything else I need to do looking to get a 3" to 4" lift. what about shocks will the stock shocks work or do I need new ones.?

Last edited:
forgot about the t-case drop about how much of a drop? the shocks I think i'm going to try the Front YJ shocks but not sure on the back yet still looking for those....

Tcase drop is 1". Track bar can be mounted in the same bracket with a redrill on the mount, if you go 2" any more and you want an adjustable.

DaltonXJ said:
would 2" and fender trim be good enough for 31 for now? I don't mind hacking the fenders

yes

when piecing together a junkyard lift - look at an aftermarket lift and its components - they are there for a reason...

2" bb - about $100
--- coil spacers and lift shackles or ZJ coils and Dakota/s-10 leaves
4" bb - about $500 (done correctly)
--- LCA, UCA, Trackbar, SYE, new rear DS, Coils and spacers, dakota leaves and shackles, rear axle shims...

3" is about the hieght that you want to go with the stock arms and driveshaft...
after that - things start to get expensive real quik - not in height aids (springs/spacers) but in stuff to make your rig run better...

i'm figuring the F-250 coils plus the 2 - 3 isolators will give the 3" inches in the front I need and the main leaf from the XJ and the S-10 leafs will give the 21/2" - 3" lift in the rear... if only 2" lift then fender trimming will be added.. hmmm I might just trim the fenders anyway...

:)

DaltonXJ said:
i'm figuring the F-250 coils plus the 2 - 3 isolators will give the 3" inches in the front..

:)

my understanding is that these coils will give you a pretty harsh ride.. they have a higher spring pressure then an XJ coil.... what about V8 ZJ coils and a spacer??

would 2" and fender trim be good enough for 31 for now? I don't mind hacking the fenders

As for this question, here is that setup with minor fender trimming, and swaybars disconnected.
1epduo

Back