• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj lift

98xjer

NAXJA Forum User
Heres the thing i have a 2 in BB on my xj now and i want to get a 5.5 in lift to run 33's. I was thinking the cheapest way to go is buying a 3.5 RE superflex and putting it on top of my 2 in spacers and shackles. I know i would need to buy a new trackbar but would i need to do anything else to make the kit work?

thanks

since all the components are for 3.5 in you would need to make up for the extra inches.

break lines, shocks, sye, transfer case drop

theres probably more

98xjer said:
Heres the thing i have a 2 in BB on my xj now and i want to get a 5.5 in lift to run 33's. I was thinking the cheapest way to go is buying a 3.5 RE superflex and putting it on top of my 2 in spacers and shackles. I know i would need to buy a new trackbar but would i need to do anything else to make the kit work?

has anyone done this or something like it.

im getting a RE 3.5 soon and had the same idea to add about another inch with shackle and spacer. and run 32" tires

so what else would me and 98xjer need to do this lift

thanks in advance you more knowledgeable guys!!!

You should also count on longer than stock or adustable control arms. As the vehicle goes up the wheels move back, need to correct this or have death wobble. Put on a beefier steering stabilizer for bump steer, probably throw on a 93-98 Grand Cherokee pitman arm. I've learned alot by searching.

Back