• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water like substance leaking from front

heighton_mu

NAXJA Forum User
hello all i have a 96 xj classic and all of the hoses are new along with all of the new tranny lines. i have noticed when i let my xj sit out at night temps below 20 in the morning there is a water like odorless substance that has leaked from somewhere. could it be the water prump. the water pump was replaced about 2 years ago!!! thanks

Condesation off the warm engine from the night before. I would not worry about it.

Coolent is green
Trans fluid is red
Gas will stink
Oil is brown

Not much else it could be.

HTH

Rev

Don't see the AC condenser being run to produce condensation, I agree it is probably just off the engine as a whole, I would definatly observe it to see if it escalates.

Actually, it could be from the AC condenser. All Dodge/Chrysler/Jeeps that I know of (which is mostly just mid-90s and up) run the compressor whenever the vents are set to the windshield or floor/windshield combo. This is also why it's good idea to make sure you have enough refrigerant in the system even in winter.

Back