• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper Arm Pressure ?

Quarterwave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I just did a search and couldn't find the answer to my question, which is :

I've installed new wiper arms and blades along with replacing the bushings on the wiper arm linkages on my 93' Sport. Apart from them not "parking" properly (which I think is the wiper pulse relay), the new blades seem to momentarily "stick" at random times during the sweep pattern. FWIW, they don't get stuck, but it's just enough to make the sweep more like a jolting movement - not a smooth sweep across the windshield.

Is this because the whole wiper mechanism and motor is just old - b/c the front windshield is in very good condition (hardly any marks and no chips) and again, the wiper arms and blades are new and were installed correctly.... Or is there a way that I can possibly adjust the pressure of the wiper arm against the windshield or something similiar ?

Any ideas ?

Thx in advance,
Quarterwave

Sounds like the contacts in the motor. They park the motor when the switch is in the right position. The intermittent wiper module shouldn't affect parking but you might see if the connections are in all the way. It's a small (3"x3") black box velcro'd under the driverside dash.

Back