• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buddy is stuck! Help!

JT Spencer

NAXJA Forum User
Well feeling pretty needy.

I am lookin to see if anyone from the lancaster area is available sunday morning the 16th to aid in the recovery of my buddies brand new chevy. He is stuck at 165-170 west and ave E-10. We were planning on heading out to try again around 10 am it looks like we are going to need more ballast to tie our winched jeep to to hold it back from the big fat assed chevy. So if anyone is available please give me a ring on my cell 661-917-3728. Its real muddy and slick, the ground is saturated like i have never seen. If anyone should suprise us,.. just stay on the trails out there, the place is like quicksand.

Thanks
Jeff

Sure was nice to get out of the house and get some dirt time in. I never would have guessed that the area we were at turned into Soup after the rain, but that mud was some nasty crap.
What we were greeted w/ when we got there.
stuck1.jpg

stuck2.jpg

Nasty sloppy mess that got nastier the more we worked it.
stuck3.jpg

stuck4.jpg

Called in a Scout after burning up the winch on the CJ
stuck5.jpg

Aftermath of the first extraction....Yep, First.....
stuck6.jpg

Then the Scout decided to get stuck too.
stuck7.jpg

The CJ got the Scout unstuck and then we all decided to get stuck w/ the Chevy again....Why not, we didn't want the fun to end so soon. 24" of clearance at my rockers, and I was up to my door and had to climb out the pass. window.
stuck9.jpg

Then time to unstick the chevy again, this time backwards.
stuck10.jpg

Then we got to go play Unstick the other Chevy, this time a 4x4.
stuck11.jpg

The 2nd chevy came out easy and then we hauled a damn heavy gammon back through the mud to the chevy..ugh! Anyone see my left testi drop in the mud? (gammon came off a tractor that had gotten stuck in the mud the day before)
stuck12.jpg

All in all a great day helping some cool guys out and I got some dirt on my new tires. Who could ask for more? Later, John

Last edited:
Looks like ya'll had FUN... damn.. t-shirts... There is 3 feet of snow up here! I WISH!

Good to see the jeepers comin to the aid of others!

Have fun down south!!! and watch out for that rain!

OH MY OLD XJ!!!!!! :D wooohooo... Glad to see it on the trail..its stuck though....hahaha. Wish If I read this sooner.

John very nice job with the pics! I was laughing all over again. Thanks again for all your help! What a beautiful day though. It really was a good time. Let me know when you want that electrical work done. And if you need anymore welding, Doug does great work.

Its amazing what some strangers and old friends can accomplish together.

Now brandon, she wasn't stuck just temporarily detained. How did you like the lumber rack?? ;-)

Thanks
Jeff

Thats was an expensive lumber rack to say the least! :D

You going to make it to Tera Del Sol? You gotta get out there!

Tera del sol???? I guess I missed the post?? I live in a cave?? ;-)

When, location, are you going?

Been doing alot of wheeling the last few months, someday I ll post some pics??

You would be proud, The cj's keep trying to lose me and the kids, but no luck yet.

Gonna do a 2 low kit and new rear leafs this weekend.

I assume the renegade is alive??

C-ya

Cehck it out:

http://tds4x4.com/

I'll be there with a good size group, your welcome to come along! and I hope you do!

and yes, the Renegade is alive and kick'n. It actully hasent been wheel'n much to tell ya the truth! Keep on using the XJ for what its for, it dosent like to run right with out a little bit of dirt on it every now and then ;)

Lots of Jeeps and vendors will be there
100_1556.JPG

Only in a jeep!

Now I must point out that the pics might have been doctored to favor the xj's?? It seems that the one time the xj's were stuck the cj was not. And the pictures did not show that....by some freak accident??? Just to set the record straight and make sure credit is given were credit is do. hehehe

Also the jury is out on the reason?? the xj's got stuck.. It could be that the cj led them into the holes( since he was right in front of them) and maybe accidently relaxed his right foot at just the right moment so the xj's had to do all the work at the worst possible time?? ;-) It is just a theory afterall?? Also there are rumors that cj's brakes were seen on just before it happened?? hehehe

LOL Lars (cj owner) couldn't have done it without you! (and your cj) ;-)

Yeah thanks guys for dragging my right into that hole! Next time we let the CJ sit in the middle and sink. Then again, that light weight probably would have floated over what we sank in.
BTW, Credit to my 11 yr old son Sean for taking most of the pics.......he filled up a 256mb card during our mudding fun. Oh and as much fun as it was, tell them Chevys to stay on the asphalt next time......

jjmat3 said:
Then again, that light weight probably would have floated over what we sank in.
You'd be surprised, we're probably lighter than a CJ. An Xj is around 200lbs lighter than a TJ and around 600lbs lighter than a Rubi...that's one of the big benefits of a unibody: light weight.

BlackSport96 said:
You'd be surprised, we're probably lighter than a CJ. An Xj is around 200lbs lighter than a TJ and around 600lbs lighter than a Rubi...that's one of the big benefits of a unibody: light weight.

Hmmm..... learn something new every day. Now time for me to go add those 2x6 rockers, 3/16" angle to "frame" and cage to reinforce things....... Shame they didn't just build it w/ a frame under it, Stupid Jeep. Ugh!
(J/K Love the XJ!)

jjmat3 said:
Hmmm..... learn something new every day. Now time for me to go add those 2x6 rockers, 3/16" angle to "frame" and cage to reinforce things....... Shame they didn't just build it w/ a frame under it, Stupid Jeep. Ugh!
(J/K Love the XJ!)
I hear, ya, sometimes I wish for a frame others I like the uni and its lightness when I outrun people...

I have really been impressed with my XJ's pickup since getting it last week, that inline 6 really pumps out the torque. I am pretty sure the XJ can beat my KJ for the first block, after that I am not sure. Then again, for now, my XJ is pretty stock, the KJ has some bigger tires and a ton of armor on it, just wait till I mod the XJ and see how they match up. But, for now........I am impressed with the XJ, wanna see how it does lifted, locked, armored and with some big tires on.

Even my old 89 still pulls great! As for the weight I keep getting mixed info. I need to check my service manual.

I can tell you what those chevy's are thinkin now....Both owners are seriously looking at getting an XJ! Since they have kids otherwise maybe something short and stiff. ;-) hehehe

As for the frame look at rockers closely! there is a brand that has the rocker bar, frame stiffener and long plate from control arm bracket to rear leaf bracket. Sweet stuff! I will try and find out if you like?

jeff

Back