• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone used Rusty's performance exhaust packages

I have not, but I have heard good things. I suggest a search on the topic if you have not already done one. I have used many of his products in the past and always pleased with the price/quality.

Glenn
inbeforeketchupcomplains

His prices have gone up.

I bought my Flowmaster 50 series cat-back for $150 about 3 years ago from Rusty.

Still running it w/ my stroker.

You'd probably be better off getting the muffler from somewhere like Jegs or any racing supply shop and having a custom pipe bent.

Or buy pre-bent sections, cut them the way you want them and have a muffler shop weld them up for you.

HTH

Dirk Pitt said:
You'd probably be better off getting the muffler from somewhere like Jegs or any racing supply shop and having a custom pipe bent.

Or buy pre-bent sections, cut them the way you want them and have a muffler shop weld them up for you.

HTH

Yup, no sense using a NAXJA Sponsor for products when you can save a few bucks at a local Chain Store. :dunno:

I got what he had probably four years ago. Cat back with a Flowmaster and the high flow cat. If I recall the cat was $100 then, I don't remember the reast of it.

The pipe fits and I had no problem with it. The only issue was that the tip was about 3°, no big deal at all.

I'm still running the pipe, but I destroyed the cat and muffler on some rocks a couple years ago, all in all it was a good product for a good price.

Sequoia

I've been running the Rusty's setup for a few years...high flow cat, flowmaster 40 and the cat back...

No probs with fitting, hasn't "rusted" yet :D

ditto on rusty's catback, no problems with it, not so with the hi flo cat I ordered, (the o2 sensor ports were in the wrong place-would have left the o2 sensor even more vulnerable than it is....) the catback was only about 150 or so when I got it.

Glenn said:
Yup, no sense using a NAXJA Sponsor for products when you can save a few bucks at a local Chain Store. :dunno:

Edited: sorry to Rusty's

Last edited:
Dirk Pitt said:
I appreciate Rusty's sponsorship as much as the next guy but when he wants to sell me something for $210 when I can make for less than half...I'll pass. :dunno:

Cool... Next time someone needs something from Rusty's website they can contact you for that "less than half" price...
I also wasn't aware you knew how to "make" hi-flo cats and flowmaster mufflers :D

Start your own thread for specific vendor bashing...
This thread was regarding who's running Rusty's exhaust... remember?

Gil BullyKatz said:
Cool... Next time someone needs something from Rusty's website they can contact you for that "less than half" price...
I also wasn't aware you knew how to "make" hi-flo cats and flowmaster mufflers :D

Start your own thread for specific vendor bashing...
This thread was regarding who's running Rusty's exhaust... remember?

Next time someone needs something from Rusty's they should call him, as my labor price is only free for me.

I never claimed to know how to make the hi-flow cat or the muffler and I'm quite sure Rusty doesn't either, if I wanted a brand he is a vendor for I would consider buying from him.

Gil, my intention wasn't meant to bash Rusty, but it's not like it has never been suggested "make your own," on this board.

you guys need to take a cold shower. he got on here and said that something can be done cheaper, thats why its called a "discussion"

small pederson said:
you guys need to take a cold shower. he got on here and said that something can be done cheaper, thats why its called a "discussion"

Dirk's not my type, him being male and all, but he's a good guy, knows how to take a jab and doesn't cry "FOUL"

'sides... who made YOU the referee?

:cheers:

p.s. Next time I see ya Dirk, I'll buy ya a beer and share MY "Rusty Tales"...

i just got the rusty's flowmaster 50 series delta flow kit and it's sounds pretty nice, i think it gave me some top end.

just dont like to see the little guy get pounced on :laugh3:

I've got a Borla Header, Rusty's high flow cat, cat back and Flowmaster, everything fit perfect, love the sound and the extra ponies at a mile high where noticed and mpg seemed to go up slightly

Back