• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender flare, got an opinion?

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
Talked my brother into TJ flares on his XJ, now he want shut up about how he don't like'em so I made him these. They look like exagerated late model stock flares. The front has more clearance than his TJ flare conversion and has 2 inches more coverage than stock flares.They're bigger than they look, the top of the flare fits up to the upper body line, the front of the flare is about an 1 1/2 inches from the front of the fender. His wheels aren't wide enough for whackers so the should be about right. Going to paint body color, I'll post some pics when I get them on . What do you think of the design...don't hold back.
47b5df33b3127cce9e672853878300000016109AYuXLdy2ao

47b5df33b3127cce9e67100206fe00000016109AYuXLdy2ao

hackedxj said:
Yes, I made them , they're one offs.
Pics should have shown the other side, my putor's an idiot!

Well don't keep us in the dark:sunshine: ! Tell us how you did it, and lets see the back side of them.

Sure looks like a stock flare to me,whats different(show back side and comparison shot)!

We'll have to see them mounted, but if they are just like stock flares only larger - then where do I get some!?!

So, did you form these yourself or modify some other oem flares or what?

They look pretty damn good.

What material are they made of?

explorer said:
They don't appear stock. Notice the underside is enclosed, whereas stock flares have the bottom opne where the retainer plates attach them.
How do you figure,The +97 flares roll all the way back just as pictured!Hacked was just on,wheres the answers?

dude, those are WAY sweet. Fiberglass?

We want pics, backside, on jeep, etc.

tell us, how did ya make em, how long did it take, what material, etc. I am very interested!

Jason

I free handed them from fiberglass, I wanted something that is easily paintable, kept a clean look and repairable if damaged, most flares on the market are impossible to repair. Mounting is easy they have studs sticking out of the back. I've got some more pics on the fender I used to shape them, they're at my brothers with the flares. I pick'em up this weekend. Might have them on by next weekend. thanks for the encouraging words guys.

Cool stuff!

Please post more pictures.

r@m

They look great in the photos but are they as good in fit and finish in reality? If they are they just want I would want too. Are you going to do the rears as well?

Back