• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper motor

jeep88xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to change the plastic thing that the washer fluid comes through for the back window and somehow broke the stud that the 7/8 nut tightens down on, on the outside of the liftgate. The wiper still wipes fine. Can leave it this way or no?
Thanks for the help.

Go to the dealer and buy a new piece. You will need to remove the interior trim panel on the hatch to change it. You will need to connect the interior hose to the new piece. I would replace it to keep the water out of the door. Yes, I know there are drain holes but less water flowing through the door is always better. Also, the trim piece helps keep the shaft of the wiper motor properly positioned.

Can I still the wiper with the broken stud or no? I got another plastic thing for the squirter. I was tighten the nut back down (after installing the new plastic thing) and that is when it broke on me.

Back