• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance muffler = good idea?

72charger

NAXJA Forum User
i am replacing my muffler becuse i am i dropping the exhust for droppin the tranny. I am not sure if i want to go with a $20 stock muffler or if i want to spend a tad more for a flowmaster or dynamax off ebay. It seems that i can get a flowmaster 40 for around $20 after ship[ping and handling off ebay. M<y question is that will this negativly affect stuff like back pressure or someting. Also cuz i live in stupid new york state, next november when my inspection runs out, to get a new one we kow have an elkectonic emmisions test too. I want to make sure it would still pass with a perfomance muffler. also would the flowmaster 40 or something like it be too loud for everyday use? will it positivly or neg affect gas milage? gracisas por su ayuda

for a daily driver with no other mods, i wouldnt go with a flowmaster 40. i had the FM 40 and it was just too loud and droning for me. i went with a turbo II form autozone for 20$.

I have a MAC Flowpath on mine. Slightly louder than stock, but not obnoxious at cruise.

A good performance muffler will give you about a 1/2 to 1 more mpg, in my experience. No, it won't affect anything else such as emissions or backpressure, except in a positive way.

Back