• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with reverse light problems, and wiring question

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
I think I solved mine, and so far so good, and means I don't have to deal with my NSS at all. WOOWHO! While lying on the couch half asleep, I was thinking about hwo the NSS connects, and wondered, what if the connector was loose? Well, seems that it MAY have been loose, or there's a bad wire in the connector causing it. Pulled it upwards a bit, had the wires come straight out from the connector, and pushed in hard to make sure it was properly connected. Checked, and reverse lights were on, and so far holding well.
Maybe something to try for those who also are having a similar poblem, before looking at pulling the NSS off.
Anyone know exactly which color wire are the ones for the reverse lights, so that I know which ones I should be actually looking at that is the culprit?

thx.

I removed and cleaned mine when my reverse lights started acting up (working when they felt like/not working/working fine).

If that thing finally decides that it's too dirty and stops working, then your back up lights definitely won't work, because you won't be able to 1) start the truck and 2) get it out of park.

It's worth the hour it takes.

True, but the NSS is bypassed on mine, and never had problems with the reverse lights, until all of a sudden. I'll eventually do it, but for those who have just the reverse light problem, this could be why, and not the NSS itself, as is my case with the reverse lights. Regardless of cleaning the NSS, if the wire at the plug end is not giving a connection for the lights, doesn't matter what you do to the NSS, they'll still not work, and if the vehicle starts ok as it should, and just the reverse lights don't work, than it may be a similar problem, and again, the NSS won't need to be removed. Just something to check out is all I'm saying, rather than assuming it's automatically the NSS itself causing the problem.

Back