• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The bumper that i got;) Yess!!!!

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
Id be very concerned about the lack of mounting points(other than the factory three).

Construction looks good. But only mounting to the stock 3 holes per side :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I hope you dont plan on pulling much with that bumper.

My advice would be to rework the mounts to at least include the steering box bolts

If its the same bumper I'm thinking of, I was on another forum and one of the members e-mailed the guy selling them and I think his general repsonse was he didn't care and he thinks unibodies are junk anyways.

The 3 mounting holes per side are more than up to the task for recovery. I ran my winch bumper off those holes for 3 years no problem,and trust me it got used.
Led

Believe it or not, not everyone who buys Nates4x4 bumpers intend them for recovery. We recently designed a frame tie-in bracket utilizing the three stock bumper holes, two power steering holes, and the large hole back a little further on the frame.

Pictures of our bumpers all the way around are offered to all customers, so they know exactly what they are getting at the time of purchase. Nates4x4 has nothing to hide. We have superior quality parts that don't have a "hacked together in someone's garage" appearance.

As far as my opinion on the Jeep Cherokee and Comanche's unibody design. Do people who wheel cherokees really believe that a regular truck frame is inferior to a unibody design? Cherokees are great vehicles, I drive one myself. They would be better with a real frame. But as fabricators, we do the best we can with what we have. And what we have to bolt to is stamped sheet metal.

We never make any comments like "the unibody is junk and we don't care." It's not exactly junk, just not as beefy as real 1/8" thick frame rails.

To the guy using the winch on the stock bolts - Sounds risky to me, if you're going to do it make sure everyone stands clear.

Also, to anyone who has purchased a nates4x4 bumper and needs frame tie-in brackets they are now available as a bolt-on kit. Cost, $35. Very reasonable cost but you must have purchased a Nates4x4 bumper in the past to be eligable for these brackets.

Thanks,
Nathan
Nates4x4
(989)708-9482

It is a really nice looking bumper, got me interested but looking at the mount setup and comparing it to my existing tow hook brackets I might be a bit nervous. I do use my tow points alot, both front and rear, either givin or getten. Would like to see what the extensions look like that tie in those 3 bolt holes, maybe weld and bolt.

Like I said it was a bumper that atleast looked very similar to yours, if it wasn't you, sorry, if it was and you're taking it back now you're on a site full of unibodys shame on you :p

nates4x4 said:
Believe it or not, not everyone who buys Nates4x4 bumpers intend them for recovery. We recently designed a frame tie-in bracket utilizing the three stock bumper holes, two power steering holes, and the large hole back a little further on the frame.

Pictures of our bumpers all the way around are offered to all customers, so they know exactly what they are getting at the time of purchase. Nates4x4 has nothing to hide. We have superior quality parts that don't have a "hacked together in someone's garage" appearance.

As far as my opinion on the Jeep Cherokee and Comanche's unibody design. Do people who wheel cherokees really believe that a regular truck frame is inferior to a unibody design? Cherokees are great vehicles, I drive one myself. They would be better with a real frame. But as fabricators, we do the best we can with what we have. And what we have to bolt to is stamped sheet metal.

We never make any comments like "the unibody is junk and we don't care." It's not exactly junk, just not as beefy as real 1/8" thick frame rails.

To the guy using the winch on the stock bolts - Sounds risky to me, if you're going to do it make sure everyone stands clear.

Also, to anyone who has purchased a nates4x4 bumper and needs frame tie-in brackets they are now available as a bolt-on kit. Cost, $35. Very reasonable cost but you must have purchased a Nates4x4 bumper in the past to be eligable for these brackets.

Thanks,
Nathan
Nates4x4
(989)708-9482

rvm_4_klein.jpg

:D

Led said:
The 3 mounting holes per side are more than up to the task for recovery. I ran my winch bumper off those holes for 3 years no problem,and trust me it got used.
Led

I use the same set-up and have winched mine several times w/o a problem.

jrsxj98 said:
I use the same set-up and have winched mine several times w/o a problem.

LOL, I was running cable in a 60ft high by 300ft long atrium a couple of weeks ago, when I was setting up the electric bucket lift thing I was ticked at the 4 5ft long outriggers, kept me from getting close to the concrete wall I had to core drill. Going up no problem till I swung the bucket out and the first thing that I asked myself 'who was the lugnut the put such small outriggers on this thing', I almost got seasick it wobbled so much so I got r-e-a-l gentle on that rotation control and it worked fine, had I gotten a bit rambunctious I bet I could have gotten it to go over.... I guess what I'm saying is if I was going to build something like that bumper I'd look at what the factory uses for it's tow points and figure out how to make mine stronger... JMO....

I definitely like the looks of the bumper. My question is, with the frame tie-ins, is it strong enough, and mounted well enough for recovery if need be? (Just towing, since I can't afford a winch yet.)
I've read all the posts, just not clear on the final answer.

Is there a Nate's 4x4 website?

I like those frame tie in peices, I might wanna use em with my ARB...

:repair:

Back