• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" or 3" lift for a DD, maybe bigger tires

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
I want to lift my 99 Sport this Summer. I am trying to figure out which size lift I want to get. It is a daily driver that tows from time to time. I thought about the 3", but I don't know what kind of "other things" I might have a replace when I do it. Will I need a TC drop? Adj. track bar? Also, I wanted to put on a better looking wheel/tire setup. Maybe something wider? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Whatever you do, if you do end up doing the 3" make sure you have some kind of left over $$ JUST IN CASE a t-case drop isnt good enough, i just did a 4" on my 2000 and my d/s vibes were so ridiculous it was scary. A 3" i would imagine a t-case drop and maybe some axle shimms should be o.k but see what other kind of responses you get. Good luck.

I just did the 3.5" from RE on my 2000. I went with the full kit, t'case drop and axle shims and I have very little vibration. I will eventually go with the SYE though. A 3" would probably work fine with just the t'case drop but you never know. Every vehicle is a bit different.

Back