• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for fuse chart

kst8engineer

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I didn't get an owner's manual with my '99 Cherokee, and I'm trying to figure out what fuses are what in the fuse box in the passenger-side kick panel. Could someone possibly scan the fuse chart or "map" from the owner's manual for me? Or, if it's already available on the net, can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

If the '99 is like the '00, you need a full factory service manual, not the owners manual.

I drove my 2000 from CT to MT & WY a couple of years ago. About halfway across the country the cruise control stopped working. It was time for a pit stop, so I pulled into a Mickey D's and opened up the fuse panel. It said the fuse diagram was in the owners manual, so I dug out the owners manual.

Which said the diagram was in the cover of the fuse panel.

I gave up, went inside for a fishwich and Coke, and when I came back out the cruise worked again.

So, get yourself a fishwich and a coke!.... (no kidding. It happens)

Actually, my 98 owners manual has the chart (sorry, I don't have it digitalized). 98-99 should be the same, but I wouldn't rely on 00 and 01 charts.

I'll work on the fishwich and Coke... Could anybody scan the chart from their owners manual or service manual, whichever one has it? I'm out of luck since I don't have either one!

Thanks again

TTT -- Can anyone help? My injectors aren't pulsing (according to a noid light) and I don't seem to have any spark. I'm wondering if the PCM fuse is bad, but I have no idea which fuse it is. I'm guessing it's in the fuse box in the kick panel, but I'm not sure. I've checked the two ignition fuses in the "power distribution center" under the hood, and they're both OK.

If you have spark, then your CPS is OK. The signal for the injectors comes from the Camshaft sensor inside the distributor.
If the CPS is bad, you won't have either injectors or spark.
I don't have my manuals here (office); but, if all the fuses in the PDC are OK, then your PCM is getting juice.

I was trying to diagnose a non-working taillight, and had the same problem (no manual when I bought it.)

((what kind of #$@#$ loses their owners manual???))

Anyway, I finally found some online fuse charts on my public library system link to the Auto Repair Reference Center.

If you PM me with your e-mail, I'll send you what I have.

-J

wasabi_peas said:
I was trying to diagnose a non-working taillight, and had the same problem (no manual when I bought it.)

((what kind of #$@#$ loses their owners manual???))

Lots of dealers toss them... if you bought it from a dealer...

I found my "valet key" from my long-traded Volkswagen a couple of months ago... whoops!

Den

Eagle said:
If the '99 is like the '00, you need a full factory service manual, not the owners manual.

I drove my 2000 from CT to MT & WY a couple of years ago. About halfway across the country the cruise control stopped working. It was time for a pit stop, so I pulled into a Mickey D's and opened up the fuse panel. It said the fuse diagram was in the owners manual, so I dug out the owners manual.

Which said the diagram was in the cover of the fuse panel.

I went thru the same deal this summer.... but I couldn't find anything in the FSM *either*. Looks like we go to the same system I use in the house... "let's see if it's *this* one..."

Den

Back