• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sanden A/C compressor connections.

Spanky414

NAXJA Forum User
Starting to work on my OBA system and I was wondering how most people connect their compressor to the rest of the system?

The outlets are weird sizes and threads right? I though I read an article on doing OBA where the writer metioned what adaptors and such he had to use.

Or do most people just cut the original lines on the hard line part and attach the airhose to that with a hose clamp? Do you flare the end of the hard line first?

i cut the metal lines right off the intake and exhaust ports on the compressor and then found high pressure rubber lines to go over them and used two clamps (no leaks knock on wood) the pressure switch should be plumbed using a metal t-fitting off the pressure outlet of the compressor. make a switch in the cab wired to the pressure switch you just t-eed in and then put that to the wire on the clutch lockup. if you need exact part numbers used for the oilers, driers, and hose sizes, let me know. I'll pop my hood open and get them for you. either way, my compressor smokes any electric one and when plumbed to a cheapo wal mart 7 gallon tanks, makes an awesome compressor setup for air tools

Just recently converted over. Take your discharge line (high pressure) to your local Napa parts house and they will more than likely have fittings in various angles that the can swegde (spl) a peice of HP hose to that will fit directly to your compresser. Total cost of fitting and hose for my set up was was under $15. They will even have the other small fitting for the other end so you can go from there. On the intake line I just cut stock metal line and put a inline air tool luber with a small K & N type filter attached to it.

my Napa store didnt have a huge selection of rubber line sizes, a good place for all those little parts is actually Kilby if they are still in business, when i ordered a few months ago from them, they were having inventory problems

Pietro said:
my Napa store didnt have a huge selection of rubber line sizes, a good place for all those little parts is actually Kilby if they are still in business, when i ordered a few months ago from them, they were having inventory problems

Yeah kilby has the stuff but they want a fortune for the actual compressor fitting, and the article I was reading changed it from the compressor fitting to a standard air fitting for cheap.

Chippo

As for having a hose made at napa, if you cut the intake then why did you care about cutting the output? Its not that hi of pressure that a rubber hose with a clamp on the metal tube wouldn't work. I was just looking for a cleaner way.

Ah well I guess I'm just going to cut the metal line and put the air line over it.

by far the easiest way is to leave the fittings alone, give yourself at least 6 inches of hose, cut and plumb-in with hose barb/npt fittings...

done and done.

I just used the hoses cut and with barbed fittings but finally broke down and got the kilby fittings becuase it was cleaner and I was worried about my connections

what about the separation of the added tread from the remainder of the tire due to tire flex on the trail? I remember reading something about the fact that those retreads are pretty reliable as long as you run them at a correct pressure: once you drop the pressure and allow for tire flexing and "folding" around rocks and obstaclse, ther isk of tire separation supposedly increases significantly.

i wanted to use the a/c rubber hoses and just use a barb fitting but those hoses didnt route the way i wanted them too and they are thick. i just cut the metal lines 2 inches from the compressor, deburred them, found the correct size to slip over them and used two clamps per line, no leaks for me

i used a 90* npt street elbow on both intake and exhaust and both don't leak i know there the wrong type thread but o well it works. just use plenty of pipe dope. any store that deals with hydrolic's should be able to help you out along with napa and other automotive stores.

What size are these npt 90s? Cause I tried a 3/4 and it didn't seem to fit, it never really tightened up before it ran right into part of the compressor.

After the 90 what did you use? Some sort of reducer I assume?

You guys have a picture of your setup?

Kejtar said:
what about the separation of the added tread from the remainder of the tire due to tire flex on the trail? I remember reading something about the fact that those retreads are pretty reliable as long as you run them at a correct pressure: once you drop the pressure and allow for tire flexing and "folding" around rocks and obstaclse, ther isk of tire separation supposedly increases significantly.

hold the ketchup, I think I'll have mustard instead.

this is a hotdog, the hamburger is somewhere else

Kejtar said:

I am now very confused. Please translate this. Is this just another way of raising ones post count? Replying to a thread with something totally unrelated?

Glenn said:
I am now very confused. Please translate this. Is this just another way of raising ones post count? Replying to a thread with something totally unrelated?
I could have sworn I was replying to the rethread question! :confused: if you can yank it I will post it on the appropriate thread.

Back