• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!! No BRAKES!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

On my home today I noticed my brake pedal started getting real spongey. By the time I got on my street I barely had any brakes. My pedal went all the way to the floor. I pulled into the garage and the brake fluid is EMPTY! I just had my brakes checked right before Christmas and I checked all of my fliuds 2 weeks ago when I flooded it.

I put what little bit of fluid I have but no improvement. I pumped the pedal several times to check for leaks, but nothing.

I will be going to the parts store and getting more fluid, then I iwll bleed the brakes and see what happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert

check all of the hardline fittings around the MC, the hardline to soft (braided/rubber) line conjunctions, check for any wet areas around the hardlines, could be a pin hole leak....
check the booster.... mabye its leaking....
just tossin up ideas....

Did you really have no brakes, or if you pushed down hard would it stop? I'm asking to see if it's a full system leak or rear only. I've popped a few hardlines at the rear axle, check there well. If all four wheels are affected (are both chambers of the master empty?) it's going to be a master cylinder problem.

If you have any questions fire away.

Sequoia

The master cylinder is almost empty. I had to push the pedal to the flor, but it would stop.

Mike R is coming over to help me out.

We gottsa go wheelin again. I hope to make it out next Saturday.

Robert

Groovy.

By "next saturday" are you meaning the fender trimming / bbq at Stephen's? I probably won't make it there. I'll most likely be up on the mountain actually, but not wheelin, one of those group of friends, cabin, and alcohol things. :)

Come on out to Calico, I'll be there for sure, both days.

Brakes are OK now! Had a loose line on right front. Mike R came over, we fixed it and then bled the system.

As far as the wheelin, I meant the Calico trip. I am planning on going, but not 100% sure if I can make it yet. I am sure hoping so.

Talk to you guys later,

Robert

Back