• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DPG 5 inch Lift Half Done

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
Wow. I could not have finished the front with out all the advice from Montana, Jeepin Jason, Yuccaman... etc. It was time consuming! Unlike others, I had no problems with the alignment of the DB's and the Braces. It all went together well. I had trouble on the "easy stuff" My track bar mount didn't want to bolt up right... I broke an UCA bolt, and getting the LCA's in the frame mounts was a PAIN!

All my bar pins came out OK and I'm ready for the rear tomorrow. Still have to do front brake lines and disco's. I also have to adjust my track bar... I'm 2 inches to port side.

The front looks funny with my 31's on there. Can't wait for the 33's. Any tips for adjusting the trackbar???

For the track bar I know of 2 ways to adjust it.

Disconnect the track bar from the drop bracket.

Then start the jeep and turn the steering wheel one way or the other to get the axle centered.

Or just push on the front of the jeep to get the axle centered.

I mesured from the shock to the outside edge of the tire (pointed straight).

I broke an UCA bolt on the frame side trying to torque to spec. What a pain, I called RE and they are shipping a new bolt, but I plan and heading to Pacific Steel to see what kind of stuff they have that may fit. If the bolts can't even handle spec, how will they handle the rigors of off-roading?

None of the write ups I say said anything about the LCA's being a pain to get in, but it definitly helped me to have 2 other guys around to help or else I never would have gotten it done.

Anyway, good work doing the install yourself. When your finished and have the new tires on you will be really impressed. I know I was. A lift kit just makes the XJ look so much better.

Last edited:
Montana... I had to use your trick with the alignment shoes and bracket to get the LCA in. It wasnt going in any other way that I saw. Thanks for the tip.

When I did my RE 5.5 I found some grade 5 hardware with it. I thought about it and went to Lowes and got grade 8 to replace them, of course this is while I was doing the lift. :rattle:

Yeah... the grade 5 crap is what broke. I had and extra so I used it anyway. I didn't want to disturb the flow and waste my time on the lift. RE also packaged a baggie of nuts and bolts for the DB's and 2 of the nuts were the wrong sizes. No big deal. I had some.... and I guess that's not too bad if it's the only screw up dealing with that many small parts.

Back