• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking to get a front hitch

MJ1990buildup

NAXJA Forum User
howdy y'all

well i really want to get a front hitch for recovery and for the added strength and rigidity in the front, i have heard some stories that a hidden hitch won't work because they hit the swaybar's somewhere but i'm not running swaybars so i would image this wouldnt be a problem
i'm sitting at a little over 3inches now, going to about 6inches of lift and just want to make sure i'm not going to put something on only to have to take it right back off

i have been looking at this one
http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp?model=Comanche&category=fmr&year=1990&make=Jeep&t1=&h=e

i thought there was another brand out there but i can't seem to find it

i'll be running this hitch with my current smittybuilt bumper and some tie in brackets from JCR offroad

any thoughts? possible problems?

from what i hear - that is the chice hitch. The hidden hitch hangs down more than the draw-tite, but both mount up quite well...

-Ranger

yeah, i guess i just wanted to see if anyboyd else have had clearance issues with them before i go buy one and put it on

i think i'm going to go with the draw tight, the hooks on it look beefier as well

Draw-tite is the one you want.You will have to notch the air dam to fit around the reciever tube and the tow loops are flush with the bottom of the air dam(on my 96)
Bolts on with 6 bolts,4 in the sway bar mounts on the frame,2 that you drill in the frame ends.
Wayne

I have a Reese hitch. same design as the draw tite. its a solid mount, of course you loose some approach angle, but its not bad. the only problem I have had is nearly knocking myself unconcious while working under the front end... that thing is SOLID.. or at least more than my scull is. oh, and I have an older xj and just removed the front airdam... just drill two 1/2 holes and your good to go.

Back