• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks header downpipe

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
I know that banks doesn't make a header downpipe specifically for the cherokee, but have any of you taken one from a TJ and just cut it to fit the cherokee? I've heard this MIGHT work, but I'd like a solid answer before I fork out the change.

-Keith

I kinda looked into this when I put a banks header on my 98. The only downpipe that I have heard of is for the YJ's. The guy I talked too, said that it might fit with modifications, yeah so will everything else. I would just run your stocker, until you actually need a down pipe and then go have a exhaust shop bend you up one that fits like a glove. But I did read somewhere, that banks is developing a full exhaust replacement system for the XJ's from header to tail-pipe.

I thought of cutting the TJ downpipe too, but bailed on the idea and had a muffler shop custom bend me a downpipe. Seems good enough.

Back