• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco sam-12

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I'm hoping some one has a good picture of this tire that I could see.
It is a 31"x10.5x15 LT. Super Swamper TSL. Item sam-12
You can send it to my work e-mail or post it if you have one. Swamper just has a picutre of a huge one on their site. I have LTB 31"x11.50, but they are having my XJ for breakfast. The tread is an inch bigger.Time for new ones any way.
Thanks for any help !

[email protected]

Wow I just got a price on those. They are like $35 more a tire then my LTBs which have more meat on them. What price are people paying for that tire ?

ever heard of Google Image search?
swamp.mntd.250.jpg

here is a TJ with thoes tires...
SKTJ.jpg

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/gallery_jeep.htm

I have these tires.. Do EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STAY AWAY! They have to be the worst tire for off roading. These tires are not Moab, sierra nevada, or any kind of muddin approved! Just thought you might want to know.

Matt

Sure have and yahoo, but they all give me pics fo the big ones. Sorry to bother you. :wierd: Give a Bennett a break Opie. Those are TSL/SX by the way. The sam-12s have no side biters. Hey shouldn't you be in class. Hows that Nebraska Weather ?

This tire

Last edited:
Scrappy said:
I have these tires.. Do EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STAY AWAY! They have to be the worst tire for off roading. These tires are not Moab, sierra nevada, or any kind of muddin approved! Just thought you might want to know.

Matt

Are we talking about the same tire? Super Swamper TSL's?? What is wrong with them?

Michael

yes the Tsl. I know the larger ones are ok... but these smaller skinnier ones blow nut sacks! I cant even begin to explain the probs I had just alone in Moab with them. If you are set on getting them, at least get wider ones.

The road wear sucks. All 4 tires are literally missing lugs.. My rear tires have NO inside lugs left and they are only about 80% worn. It did bring me some good chuckles to see how many I could lose on a single trail though! :laugh3:

I would consider any other option .. JMO

Matt

Yah my LTBs have lost a good portion of their lugs too. Soft rubber. The over sized lugs are what are eating up my XJ. Good traction in ruts. I'm thinking about a Kumho Venture MT. Good price and Great reviews with everyone who tested them. They are real similar to a BFG mt. They are suppose to wear better though and they cost $50 a tire less.

Thanks !

Go for the tsl or ssr radials. My tsl radial are wearing as good as my friends bfg muds and they do so much better off road. They are loud but ride smooth. Bias ply super swampers are not meant to be on a pavement pounder.

My Bias LTB's actually lasted pretty long on the pavement. I had them siped so they lasted a lot longer then my Claws or BFG's. I hate paying 150 a tire when I tear them up so bad. I may stay with the LTB. I need to take the Jeep back out since my last added lift and bump stops and see how it does. I have a really stiff trailmaster lift so it controls pretty good. It just rides like crap. If my LTBs still rub I'm probably going with the Kumho MT. They wear desent and are pretty aggressive, not compared to my Bias ply, but hey you can't have everything.

boise49ers said:
Sure have and yahoo, but they all give me pics fo the big ones. Sorry to bother you. :wierd: Give a Bennett a break Opie. Those are TSL/SX by the way. The sam-12s have no side biters. Hey shouldn't you be in class. Hows that Nebraska Weather ?

This tire

ooooh, it was about 18* this moring for my 8:00am class. Good times...
and im only in class when i want to go... (for now).

Sorry to be gruff - no harm meant...

Back