• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window switch

lumberxj89

NAXJA Forum User
I have replaced several of my power window switchs (89 Cherokee) twice with junkyard pulls, and now another switch is not working. Any advise on how to clean/repair the switch would be appreciated. Can new replacements be purchased anywhere?

The dealer is probably the only place. There isn't really any way to take them apart and clean it.

The switch itself is really simple inside, you'll see what I mean when you take it apart. It's easy, just have to pop it apart and then you can clean the contacts inside and even re-arch the little spring thing.

you need to make sure the copper plate on the back of the switches is the same. they changed over the years. I found that out when i installed p/w in my 89 sport. if you do it carefully you should be able to take the plate off and put it all together but make sure the plate is sucure and making good contact with all the prongs on the switches. hope this helps

Any one do a repair on a 97-01 drivers door switch?

I have done the bypass thing, to get all of the door switches to work again. Now my mirror switch has gone bad.

I'm about to do it, looks like the buttons need to be popped off, but the buttons don't seem to want to come off. Any trick to popping off the buttons.

I'll keep searching the forum.

Mark

Back